JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Non-Chekhov Star Trek figures?  (Read 14742 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Chekhov Star Trek figures?
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I still have to try Zellers on Viau for you...that's the St-leonard store. I will be able to go eventually sometime this week.
I'd really appreciate that, man!

And also, if anyone is in the vicinity of Maxi & Cie on Papineau, this is the only one I haven't checked yet and the heat is just too much to take the lengthy trip to and back right now... so I would be extremely grateful is someone could check it for me.

Confirmed: No Nero's at Viau. They only had a Prime Spock, Chekov and Scotty. Maybe I should've picked Prime Spock but I decided to sleep on it. You still haven't tried the Zellers next to metro Langelier? I'll try that one for you, it's in the vicinity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »

I still have to try Zellers on Viau for you...that's the St-leonard store. I will be able to go eventually sometime this week.
I'd really appreciate that, man!

And also, if anyone is in the vicinity of Maxi & Cie on Papineau, this is the only one I haven't checked yet and the heat is just too much to take the lengthy trip to and back right now... so I would be extremely grateful is someone could check it for me.

Confirmed: No Nero's at Viau. They only had a Prime Spock, Chekov and Scotty. Maybe I should've picked Prime Spock but I decided to sleep on it. You still haven't tried the Zellers next to metro Langelier? I'll try that one for you, it's in the vicinity.
Many thanks, friend.
I'd say Prime Spock is one of the better figures of the series, I bought one to my dad for Father's Day last year (since he likes Star Trek and watched the original series on TV) but he never bothered to take it out of the package. The likeness to Nimoy is pretty darn good.

And no, I don't think I've been to the Zellers next to Langelier. Could use the check, if you can spare the time.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »

And no, I don't think I've been to the Zellers next to Langelier. Could use the check, if you can spare the time.

..And I just came back from the Zellers next to Langelier metro, that one is called Zellers Centre Domaine by the way. Again, no Nero's in sight. Maybe you should just do the fleamarkets or garage sales if you don't want to pay the secondary market price such as Ebay. That or join a Star Trek or Star Wars message board, I'm sure that someone still has one in the closet somewhere.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 09:49:43 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I know you wanted to find it locally, but the toy store accross from my work has 3 Nero figures in stock at $4.99 each.

With the Canadian Gi joe Convention just around the corner I suggest you take Bandanov's offer (if there are still any Nero left) and ask him to get you one. If you can't come to the Joe Con, I'll be going so I can meet with Bandanov. I'm throwing you the ball so it's up to you if you want to pick it up  :wink:.
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »

I will go to that toy store to see if they are still there for you.
Lurking

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 02:40:22 PM »

I went to Canadian Tire yesterday and find: Chekhov, Spock and... Nero! But price is hight.. 14.99$+tx (as I can remember). They mau reduce the price, but they may also sell quick. I didn't buy it without knowing for sure you would want it.

Martin

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »

Since you now have a choice here go local for $14.99 or get me to get it for you for $4.99?  Here is the pic to make sure this is the one you want:
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »

I took the Pic with my blackberry so the quality sucks... I have to wait another year before I get my free upgrade...
Lurking

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »

Nice, that's the US version that comes with a piece of the bridge!  They gypped us out of those in the Canadian release.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »

If Bandonov is coming to the con (and I think he is), I can meet him and bring you back that Nero if you want (you can also come with us at the con...  ;D).

Martin
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:56:42 PM by martin-montreal »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »

The store only has 3 left so let me know how many you need by this Friday as I will be on vacation. I will be coming back from vacation and going straight the CON so I will not be able to pick up the figure after this Friday.
Lurking

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
I went to Canadian Tire yesterday and find: Chekhov, Spock and... Nero! But price is hight.. 14.99$+tx (as I can remember). They mau reduce the price, but they may also sell quick. I didn't buy it without knowing for sure you would want it.
It's quite possible the listed price wasn't changed and it's clearanced. Which Canadian Tire was this at? The ones I went to had gotten rid of their toy displays!

I found another source for cheap Star Trek figures, though.
Super Club Videotron has them for five dollars a pop, and they're the US versions with Bridge parts!
Thus far I've checked two (the one on Queen Mary and the one on Newman blvd) which only had Scottys, Kirks and Sulus. So if anyone needs a rental soon, swing by their toy display too.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....