JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Exclusives on Display Tomorrow!  (Read 2985 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Exclusives on Display Tomorrow!
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:38:40 PM »

I'll be at the Toronto Toy Show being held at the International Centre.

I'll have all the past, and present exclusives on display along with many postcard flyers to hand out.

If you can make it, visit http://www.antiquetoys.ca to grab a $2.00 off admission coupon!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
Re: Exclusives on Display Tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »

man wish i could be there to see it,
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Hammer Viper

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

Just got back from the Toronto Toy Show.  Wow!!!!! The Con exclusives look amazing. The HATE is SICK!!!!!!  You can see your reflection. Even the box is awesome.  It protects everything nicely. 

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »

sweeet cant wait to get it.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »

did you have a lot of people show up to check out the con set?  what was the general reaction?  I imagine it was a mix of awe and giddiness....
Wherever you go, there you are.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »

People loved them!

One fella offered me $400.00 (waved it infront of my face) for the con set that was on display - it's only the prototype one! lol

LOTS of cards given out, kids were thrilled to get something free. A mother was thrilled that all our past figures have been CND born (she looked on the back of the cards), and she liked that we were portraying G.I. Joe in a Canadian light instead of an American one.

Someone also wanted to buy my TIMBIT figure - all the past figures we've had were also on display.

People seemed shocked that we were going to be giving such a huge portion of money to the McMaster Children's Hospital. No one else has given away a portion of proceeds to a worthwhile cause from a toy show around here. 

It was fun. But VERY strange to be set up there and not have a full display of toys selling, and not making my intent to be set up just for money. It was purely to promote the convention. Nothing else. :-)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:43:00 PM by Anonymous »

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »

that is wicked cool man. i am happy for all of you.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »

My brother was blown away by your stand.  It was cool how I got to talk to you on the phone through him haha.  My brothers (10 and 8 years older mind you) were the ones who bought my first joes as a kid back in 84 or 85 I think, I was only 3 or 4 years old and they became my favorite play things for years and the cartoon was awesome.  My brothers followed the comic and were too old to play with my Joes (though they played with me) though so our memories differ of Joe.  Anyways, hope to see you all there, Im not sure how you guys will recognize me though lol.  BTW are we all going to be calling each other by our forum tags? I hope not  :P :shifty:
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
People loved them!

One fella offered me $400.00 (waved it infront of my face) for the con set that was on display - it's only the prototype one! lol

LOTS of cards given out, kids were thrilled to get something free. A mother was thrilled that all our past figures have been CND born (she looked on the back of the cards), and she liked that we were portraying G.I. Joe in a Canadian light instead of an American one.

Someone also wanted to buy my TIMBIT figure - all the past figures we've had were also on display.

People seemed shocked that we were going to be giving such a huge portion of money to the McMaster Children's Hospital. No one else has given away a portion of proceeds to a worthwhile cause from a toy show around here. 

It was fun. But VERY strange to be set up there and not have a full display of toys selling, and not making my intent to be set up just for money. It was purely to promote the convention. Nothing else. :-)

That's fantastic news Mike!  Again, can't wait to see how many friends from South of the border are gonna make the trip just to try their hand at scoring an exclusive, but with all the promotion you guys have been doing, i bet we're looking at record numbers!  well done!
Wherever you go, there you are.