JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: CanJoeCon 2010 Question for you guys....  (Read 15456 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: CanJoeCon 2010 Question for you guys....
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:47:02 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "pdaat"
Can you get us discount tickets to a live theater show?  Make it a group outing even?

a) you need a large group and

b) I can't see a bunch of Joe collectors going to the Princess of Wales Theatre for a live theatre show. 

Sometimes select hotels have deals with theaters.

And I was thinking more for the tolerant wives who may accompany us.  For myself, I counld think of much better uses of a couple hundred bucks that weekend than a show.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 01:24:52 PM »

And I was thinking more for the tolerant wives who may accompany us.  For myself, I counld think of much better uses of a couple hundred bucks that weekend than a show.

Oh, I agree.  It will keep the wife happy and her mind off the fact your going to a toy show and spending money there. 

Too bad the Sound of Music ended it's run in Toronto.  It was a great show.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

rob0213

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesector12.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

I'be getting in Friday, and staying till Sunday.  How much further is Toronto from Hamilton?  I'd certainly be interested in a room.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »

Quote from: "rob0213"
How much further is Toronto from Hamilton?  I'd certainly be interested in a room.

About another 40 minutes east.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »

If Olyeller says he's coming I can always try to convince my wife to give me a weekend holiday. Then, the man and I can hit some bars together in TO as I know he' love to try them Canadian beer  ::)
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
If Olyeller says he's coming I can always try to convince my wife to give me a weekend holiday. Then, the man and I can hit some bars together in TO as I know he' love to try them Canadian beer  ::)
It might be a little more potent than he is used to.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:56 PM »

I RESENT THAT!  >:(  Unlike most Americans, I do not drink swill such as Bud Light and Miller Light!  My personal favorite is my hometown brew, Shiner Bock.  Nice and dark.  ;D

Ribbing over my hockey preferences and taking away all my Timbits I can handle.  Questioning my drinking prowess is another matter entirely.   ;D

Too bad I'd have to fly up there and even if I wouldn't I'd be scared of the customs agents confiscating a Mustang trunkfull of Shiner beer I'd bring to share  ;D
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"

I RESENT THAT!  >:(  Unlike most Americans, I do not drink swill such as Bud Light and Miller Light!  My personal favorite is my hometown brew, Shiner Bock.  Nice and dark.  ;D

Ribbing over my hockey preferences and taking away all my Timbits I can handle.  Questioning my drinking prowess is another matter entirely.   ;D

Too bad I'd have to fly up there and even if I wouldn't I'd be scared of the customs agents confiscating a Mustang trunkfull of Shiner beer I'd bring to share  ;D
I thought that might get a rise out of you....

I haven't had a drink in about 3 years or so, but I'd be happy to tip one back with you if you make it to the Con sir!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"

I thought that might get a rise out of you....

I haven't had a drink in about 3 years or so, but I'd be happy to tip one back with you if you make it to the Con sir!

Same here to both of you. And just for your info Olyeller, my drink goes beyond popular beer. Funny how you put your fascination for Shiner beer...I have this mental picture of you as a Hobbit partying and signing on a 12" high bar countertop and signing how bad Shire Ale rules and  how all of em other Busweiser or Labatt beer sucks  :lol:
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »

Back at you LJ22!  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:12:48 PM by pdaat »

rob0213

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesector12.com/
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "rob0213"
How much further is Toronto from Hamilton?  I'd certainly be interested in a room.

About another 40 minutes east.

Cool, thanks.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »

Same here to both of you. And just for your info Olyeller, my drink goes beyond popular beer. Funny how you put your fascination for Shiner beer...I have this mental picture of you as a Hobbit partying and signing on a 12" high bar countertop and signing how bad Shire Ale rules and  how all of em other Busweiser or Labatt beer sucks  :lol:  AND my family lives in what was the first brewmaster's house, that he had built on the grounds of the brewery (and we bought and moved to our place when they were going to tear it down to expand).  So Shiner runs through my veins. 

And LJ and pdaat, I am definitely going to see what I can do about making it to the CanJoeCon.  No promises, but I'm going to see what I can do.  It would be an honor to tip back cold brews with you guys.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!