JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Target exclusive: Rockslide Past & Present  (Read 4849 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target exclusive: Rockslide Past & Present
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »

I don't know where I was in the past few days, but I didn't see that coming:

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-db1-b0d0b7c102d62ec57bad2642dcc00bfb.htm

Do you think it will be a new tendency, I mean making box with old and new sculpt together?

Martin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Target exclusive: Rockslide Past & Present
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »

I'm not sure It'll be a new trend.

This was done before in a similar but less dramatic formula for 1995 Star Wars Power of the Force re-release, but repackaging vintage style molds in modern updated packaging

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/latinjoe22/Star%20Wars%20for%20sale/SW_potf_4pk.jpg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tf_4pk.jpg
[/url]

One small BIG detail really bugs me though. I don't like the idea that they call it the "evolution of", I would understand when they make Star Wars evolutions packs of Clone Troopers from the past and Stormtroopers from later.... The only thing past and present of the RockSlide are the release dates of the toys, but I see no evolution between the two...It seemed like an excuse to double-pack this item. The obvious proof is that they had to redub the Polar Bear as "RockSlide ATAV"? They could've kept the name of Polar Battle Bear if nothing stopped Hasbro from doing this, I mean It's already enough to know that one vehicle is a modern response to the other.

Its only major sale strongpoint I see for now is for people who don't already own either version of it: they get to own both for the first time. Maybe they should've put an updated 25th version of the Polar Bear and a 25th anniversary version of 1988's Blizzard or something like that the rest of us don't already have...

Anyhow, one thing is for sure, the only small 80's style vehicles they redid for the movie were this one ( if we can even say it thanks to this 2pack ), the Ferret and correct me if I'm wrong but that's it. So I think the tendency of old packagin versus new one following the evolution formula will not be dominant in the toy isles if not lasting. There is also the Raven, but believe me, you won't double pack the new one with the gigantic classic, No way that'll happen  :wink:!
2 + 2 = 22

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »

its pretty interesting, I 've read about people freaki'n out because its a ARAH figure included, but cmon its where the toy line started so it had to go back there.

I just hope we see a couple of more entries in this series.

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »

:cobra:No interest in this set, but i like the duality of the packaging. Makes an interesting display piece.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

Hey guys!!!

How could you miss the other auctions!!!

We are getting a black S.N.A.K.E. armor (now called Serpent) and a slight repaint of the 80s Jetpack. (Rocket pack)
http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php?pic=Wx0GGlFDXA1VUwMEWx0SCwkNGRFcVxxQW1UcCxMFRBkDCFdVV1cRRhpSRDhHJUhRWWtTdHYeFjtZKCIXAWsCAkZQRlRFBgYV&title=Z2lqb2XM2NbWsr%2B20zI11tzE6jA5tefTsLDmz962qLDX08TB6bXI1Ni%2B3w%3D%3D&version=2&c=Nzg5MjdhMDJkNDkzNjkxNWVjNzg3NzUxYmVkZjViZTI%3D

And we finally get some packaged shots of the Firebat repaint and the motorcycly w/sidecar (Snarler Cycle)

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-db1-8d9561db4d0b9622aecabfbe80262015.htm

I wonder if we might see that Ferret from a while back show up in another 2 pack, rather than as a CON exclusive.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:29:37 PM by canprime »

joss789

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »

Great news for us.  SNAKE ARMOR.:)
I'm very happy and i will get a few of these.  The problem is we will have to pay big price and shipping for these. >:(
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

Quote from: "joss789"
I'm very happy and i will get a few of these.  The problem is we will have to pay big price and shipping for these. >:(

Maybe not.  At the CON the Hasbro Canada rep stated that all the exclusive would be picked up in Canada.  So hopefully he wasn't pulling our legs.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:08:13 PM »

A baby blue Firebat... no thanks!

But that Black S.N.A.K.E.!!!  :o  :o  :o I want many! Wow!!

Martin

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Quote from: "joss789"

Maybe not.  At the CON the Hasbro Canada rep stated that all the exclusive would be picked up in Canada.  So hopefully he wasn't pulling our legs.

At least for the Transformer Target exclusives, they have been released thru Zellers. I would imagine that Hasbro Canada would use the same channels for the Joe exclusives. But be prepared for possible mark up.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »

I hope Zellers does pick up the Target stuff but I don't know that we can count on it. Hasbro has also told us DVD set #5 was coming out in Canada...ever see one at retail?  ::)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
I hope Zellers does pick up the Target stuff but I don't know that we can count on it. Hasbro has also told us DVD set #5 was coming out in Canada...ever see one at retail?  ::)

They told us it was coming out in Canada.... ONCE RETAILERS SOLD THROUGH EXISTING INVENTORY.

Which they haven't.

Which is why #5 isn't here.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
Quote from: "Kronz"

They told us it was coming out in Canada.... ONCE RETAILERS SOLD THROUGH EXISTING INVENTORY.

Which they haven't.

Which is why #5 isn't here.

Sorry to go completely off topic....but are people still finding these DVD sets (1 & 2) on store shelves?  I haven't seen one around here since around Christmas time and no one ever re-stocked.