JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Declassified Newsletter  (Read 3326 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Joe Declassified Newsletter
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »

I just finished reading the Joe Declassified Newsletter (issue 3) that was available at the con.  It was fabulous!  What did you guys think?  Articles about the Canadian side of the 80's joes, as well as the current Canadian Convention happenings.  One pleasant surprise for me was the article about yojoe.com deciding that the canadian joe con exclusives, past, present, and future, are to be added to the archive as officially sanctioned or whatever collectibles.  If you haven't read this thing, read it and tell me what you thought! 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Declassified Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »

I was about to post something about it... I really enjoy it myself. Now my question is, where can I find Joe Declassified Newsletter #1 and #2. Is there a PDF version somewhere?

How many are planned?

Martin

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »

Yeah, the guy just responded to a post of mine elsewhere, let me copy and paste...

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »

"Turner, unfortunately print copies are limited to 500 copies, and have in the past been all handed out at the Conventions. That's all we can afford to print out of our own pocket. Generally, we don't have any extra copies. I have a few (literally 3-4) from past shows that I will likely use as contest prizes in the future, but for now, the only way to get a past copy is to obtain one from a fellow fan. In the meantime every issue will always be available in pdf format on the website for free."  (I hope you don't mind me doing this, Nomad)

Here's the link:

http://www.joedeclassified.com/

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »

Strange, never heard about this before...

I was looking for #1 and #2... but I found there is a #0... Some more reading to do!!

By the way, the past magazines are available from the right menu... (not sure I'm allowed to post direct link to their PDF, so I won't)

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »

Thanks for posting this Turner. I will most likely check it out as I also discovered it for the first time (don't remember this issue beeing hand out at past Can Joe Con but then again, maybe it wasn't) and really enjoyed. The tribute to Darren Howlett is a timely coincidence.

EDIT: Darren was a joe collector (he's not dead, he just retired from collecting Gi joe). There's a tribute to him in the Joe Declassified Newsletter. Wherever he is I hope he reads this and knows that his Tiger Force international figures, The Name your own Cobra figure and the rare figures I got from him are in good hands.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:20:13 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »

I picked up that newsletter as well.  Looks I will have to make time to read it sooner then later.
Lurking

Nomad

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »

Glad you guys enjoyed the Canadian issue, and thanks for providing the link.  For the record, direct linking to anything on our site is acceptable.  The entire idea behind the Joe Declassified project is to provide fellow collectors and fans access to information and access for free.  If you see our magazines for sale, we encourage you NOT to pay for them - the seller will never be part of our staff.  Link away, and spread the word as you feel up to!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »

Quote from: "Nomad"
Glad you guys enjoyed the Canadian issue, and thanks for providing the link.  For the record, direct linking to anything on our site is acceptable.  The entire idea behind the Joe Declassified project is to provide fellow collectors and fans access to information and access for free.  If you see our magazines for sale, we encourage you NOT to pay for them - the seller will never be part of our staff.  Link away, and spread the word as you feel up to!

Great to see you here! Like I said, I really enjoy reading it. It was really well done and the timing with your Canadian issue with the CanJoeCon was perfect!

Martin

Nomad

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 01:23:15 AM »

The forums are now up at the Declassified site!  http://www.joedeclassified.com/forum/