JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: It's About Time  (Read 6979 times)

Blitzkrieg

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
It's About Time
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »

Greetings to My Fellow Joe Fans in the Great White North!

After about three years of lurking and two Canadian Joe Conventions, I'm finally writing my first post on JoeCanuck.com. Pretty sad, but I have a PhD in procrastination.  ;)

Fortunately, that does not translate to my travel plans for this year's CJC. I bought my tickets from Brown Paper Tickets and just booked my flight to Toronto last night (Air Canada has a pretty good promotion going on for flights to Toronto from the U.S. - expires tonight). I just need to book my hotel room and rental car this weekend.

One of the main reasons that I keep coming back is the friendliness of the staff and attendees from both sides of the border, and the absence of cliqueiness that you typically find at other conventions. Folks welcomed me with open arms at both CJCs and I had conversations with fellow attendees as if I had known them for years. I met so many great people, and I wanted to finally give a shout out to a few in particular. Please forgive me if I forgot someone, I am trying to draw from 2 years of memories.  :D

Grunt 4 MVP - Thanks for the great conversations with you and your girlfriend while waiting in line for the exclusives two years ago. I would have loved to hear her commentary on her radio program the next weekday. And thanks for the souvenir hookup last year. It was very touching when you shared with me the stories of those people from lands away to whom you donated contributions.

Roshan - You and your partner run a great trivia contest (and that's not just because I won last year  ;) ). Thanks for the donation of prizes! Also,thanks to you and pdaat for pointing me in the right direction for getting that lost alpha wave of ROC vehicles two years ago. And thanks for including me in the informal get together at Jack Astor's last year. It was fun talking with you and commander-in-chief. Too bad we couldn't get a bigger booth/table so that we could converse with Nova's table as well.

Nova - Thanks for the assistance in directing me to the right fodder bins for my customs parts hunt last year. You have an amazing memory!

pdaat and Turner - It was a pleasure speaking with you and meeting your families.

gsmiley - Thanks for the great deals on your custom O-ring figures.

THE Mike and the CJC Staff - Thanks for all of your tireless effort and endless patience in putting together an amazing event year after year. There are times where it might feel like thankless work, but I (and I am sure I speak for the vast majority of attendees) really appreciate everything you do to bring us together from at least two different countries in celebration of our love for G.I. Joe. I'm already counting down the days until this year's con.

Yo Joe!

Blitzkrieg

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
Re: It's About Time
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »

Finally welcome
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:06 AM »

wotcha
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »

It's about time I welcome you too  8)
2 + 2 = 22

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

welcome
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

Blitzkrieg

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys.

I should also give a shout out to one other JoeCanuck board member who I met outside of the con.

Last September my wife and I traveled to Montreal for vacation, and although those Wave 5 POC figures were plentiful north of the border, I checked stores in 7 states (no exaggeration) and only found a part of this wave at a comic book store off the beaten path. So on our way to Old Montreal, we stopped at a Toys R Us and sure enough there were Wave 5 POC figures galore. As I was staring at the figures, a gentleman was standing next to me and addressed me in French. When I responded with my automatic, "Je ne parle pas Francais.", he began speaking to me in English. It turns out that it was Oreobuilder!  :D We talked Joes for a while and he gave me some great tips as to where to pick up those Canada-exclusive Armour Cycle and HISS Scout vehicles along with other Joe toys on my checklist. By the time we left Canada, I had pile of Joe loot collected in my trunk. Thanks again for your help, Oreobuilder! To this day, I still can't get over the cosmic coincidence that I'd meet up with a fellow JoeCanuck member without some sort of planning.

Blitzkrieg

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

Welcome
Lurking

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

Welcome to the JC boards!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 09:43:09 AM »

Hey!  Good to hear from you.  You are a pleasant sight at the Con and I look forward to seeing you this year.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:58 AM »

Welcome aboard!  See you next week, and sorry if I was a little "heavy handed" in the media thread....you made a good point!
Wherever you go, there you are.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Glad you're back again this year!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!