JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hey Guys, can you help me out?  (Read 3461 times)

Hall479

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, can you help me out?
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:12:10 PM »

I've been working on a G.I. Joe card game for a couple of years now that utilzes images of toys (so much easier than drawing them) and when I saw your character Joe Canuck, I knew I wanted to include him, Black Ice, (and the soon-to-be-revealed third character) into the game. First, is it alright if I put your characters into the game? Second, Can I get some high-quality pics of Joe Canuck and B.I. holding their weapons? And third can I get a scan of the filecards of the characters (for the lore section of the card)? I know it's a ton to ask, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys, can you help me out?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »

I do not think these guys will help you out..............its pretty tight lipped when it comes to their figures for the Joe Meet, also are you ligit or just some collector who wants the art work for himself....or to sell?

Maybe if you post some of your work here or give some more info????????????????????

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »

Quote from: "Hall479"
I've been working on a G.I. Joe card game for a couple of years now that utilzes images of toys (so much easier than drawing them) and when I saw your character Joe Canuck, I knew I wanted to include him, Black Ice, (and the soon-to-be-revealed third character) into the game. First, is it alright if I put your characters into the game? Second, Can I get some high-quality pics of Joe Canuck and B.I. holding their weapons? And third can I get a scan of the filecards of the characters (for the lore section of the card)? I know it's a ton to ask, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

As was recently discussed pertaining to Artwork from the figures, Loop and I have decided that it not be used without our mutual permission - and since we decided in another thread that we'd rather it not be used for someone elses project - we can't fairly allow you to use it either.
Sorry.

As for pics of the figures, mine are still sealed up - so if someone else wishes to help you out on those - then you should be expecting a PM from someone shortly.

If no PM arrives - then I think it would be safe to assume that no one wants to share their figs with anyone else. ;-)

Hope this helps somewhat..... I'm sure it's not what you were hoping for however.
Mike

Hall479

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:44:29 AM »

If it's just the filecard you're worried about sending me Mike, you don't really have to. I just need two or three sentences of lore that tell me who the character is. I know Joe Canuck is a ranger, but that's about it. As for being legit, I have no interest in selling anything about your characters and I totally respect your guy's measures to protect said characters. (Trust me, I know how much of a pain Hasbro lawyers can be).
I'd love to share my cards with you but I was slapped with a cease and desist order from Hasbro pertaining to the card game when I them posted on a website (that's how I know how much of a pain Hasbro lawyer can be). This was largely because at the time Hasbro was set to release their own card game and didn't want the two games to become confused. It's a shame really, my game was a thousand times better:) Now I just make the cards for myself as a way to burn away the hours.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:52:40 AM by Hall479 »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:49:48 PM »

Is anything on here of use?

http://www.joecanuck.com/exclusives.html

I can get you a picture of the joecanuck filecard if needed.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Hall479

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:39:32 PM »

The filecard would be greatly appreciated, thanks Pete! I thought about using that pic but discovered it was too small and low-rez to use as an image.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »

The only reason filecards aren't shown is because they contain peoples ACTUAL names that got a Joe Canuck figure.

Mine has my full name, as does Raptors, Pete's, Loops, etc.

VEGA1

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

THIS TOPIC IS FUNNY BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU GUYS ARE TALKIN ABOUT. It'S ALSO FUNNY BECAUSE WHEN I SAW THE FIGURE  ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS MAKE A COPY FOR MYSELF, BUT MOST PEOPLE NOW A DAYS WOULD ACTUALLY USE IT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT, THATS THE SAD PART. :( :cobra:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:28:42 AM by VEGA1 »
VEGA~1:cobra:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »

If you get one, and it doesn't have the filecard or the 'numbered' foot, then you've got a fake.
Only those that own one know what color is on the back of the filecard. ;-)
mike