JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Who are the Bronze Bombers?  (Read 6597 times)

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
Re: Who are the Bronze Bombers?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »

The Bronze Bombers are very cool. I've only managed to track down Backdraft, Scorch and Crazeblaze so far. Definitely need to gather the rest when I can.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 03:46:59 AM »

wow...makes me glad I got mine for 88 shipped two or so years ago....................and to think that these sold for 20 bucks in the 80's!!!

I love these guys and wish more independant companies would use the molds to make some real cool figures like these!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »

Quote from: "Spillspleen"
wow...makes me glad I got mine for 88 shipped two or so years ago....................and to think that these sold for 20 bucks in the 80's!!!

I love these guys and wish more independant companies would use the molds to make some real cool figures like these!

Carl, the Bronze Bombers I got was released in 1997.  The older ones from the 80s are these.

http://yojoe.com/archive/actfig/bronzebombers88.shtml

Nothing but pure meh for me on the 80s first release as they make CORPS look good.

As for the independant companies getting a hold of more Hasbro molds...look at past history.  These Bronze Bomber molds use by Olmec have not re-surfaced.  Hasbro employees and Brian Savage have been on record saying Funskool did some major damage to the molds they used to a point they can't be used again.  Then there were molds sent to Brazil and some of them have not re-surfaced either.  So I would say no way.  Best best is to have the GI JOE collector club to think out side of the box and make something like this.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »

My mistake...1997 it was, ( so i should have said 90's) I got mine as a mint box set but the box was not in good shape...but I opened mine anyways so no harm done. These figures are real cool...my fav in the set is firebomb...all cool...er hot.

I agree those older bombers were bad.

I new funskool and brazil lost and damaged some molds...but the molds for these Bombers were lost as well??? Yikes.........!?!?!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »

Quote from: "Spillspleen"
My mistake...1997 it was, ( so i should have said 90's) I got mine as a mint box set but the box was not in good shape...but I opened mine anyways so no harm done. These figures are real cool...my fav in the set is firebomb...all cool...er hot.

I agree those older bombers were bad.

I new funskool and brazil lost and damaged some molds...but the molds for these Bombers were lost as well??? Yikes.........!?!?!!

Olmec went bankrupt and I doubt Hasbro ever got the molds back before this happened.  This is why no repaints of Strato Viper, Secto Viper, Motor Viper etc.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Hall479

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

Great post! I saw those toys on yojoe.com and was always interested in finding out more about them.

Vortex

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://battle-platform.yolasite.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 01:35:50 AM »

I think the original Bronze Bombers Hi Tech and Sure Fire were re-introduced into the current line we all know and love.  Also, Cool Breeze was in the Marvel Joe Comic Larry Hama invented, that I superbly made a custom of!

VEGA1

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:15 PM »

TO THIS DAY I STILL KICK MYSELF FOR NOT PICKIN THEM UP WHEN I SAW THEM AT TRU. >:( :( :cobra:
VEGA~1:cobra: