JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Finally a good Toys show in K-W  (Read 3423 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Finally a good Toys show in K-W
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:51:21 AM »

I've found over the years that the best toy show for me to go to locally is the one at Bingemans during Oktoberfest (Thanksgiving day) and this year was the best for army building. No figures had any accessories, but the prices were between $1.00 - $3.00 each.

For $1.00 I got:
Talking General Hawk
Tiger Force Road block (in a bag, needed an O ring)
Mortal Kombat Smoke
BatlleCorp Leather neck (rit dye treatment  coming his way :shifty: )
And uh, Martian Manhunter from the Superpowers collection.

For $2.00 I scored:
Original Shipwreck
Cobra-La guard
Ice Viper (needed a new right arm but I had one at home)
Swivel army cobra
Swivel arm cobra officer

For $3.00 I scored:
Sound attack Road Pig
Zap (1991)
W.O.R.M.S.

There were a few more but off the top of my head I've already forgotten.

On a side note, holy freaking wrestler's Mike. They had a mess of those Hasbro action attack WWF guys all over the place. I saw a bunch on the dollar table I got some of my joes from. If money wasn't tight I would have grabbed some just to trade you later. It wasn't just those guys either.

All in all, there was a lot of different toys and all dirt cheap. A heck of a lot $1 -$2 bins and tables. I saw this one guy loading up a huge box and he was shaking while doing it. Guess he really liked the deals. I was probably shacking a bit when the guy saw me getting Joes out of his $2.00 bin and said 'Oh, you the first to look in there, I have a few more" and proceeded to pull out the army builders like the '83 officer and cobra. Rest assured, those figures went straight from his hand to mine.

By 10:45 the place was packed, so that was when I left. It was a good morning for army building, and I needed that version of Road Pig.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 11:12:06 AM »

Wowzers, I can't believe you managed to pick up a MK Smoke for a $1! What was the condition of Smoke and Martian Manhunter?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:33:04 AM »

Smoke needed a new crotch, but I had a spare Scorpion so I switched them. Sort of chipped the new crotch when putting him back together but I'm sure I'll come across another one some dayand I glued the tip back on for now. Besides that, no weapons but the paint was really good, same as the spring loaded arm the ribbons are fine.

Martian Manhunter looks good. Arms still swing when you squeeze his legs. Heck, they had another one in the box below the table and I didn't even bother to dig into that. There was a lot of stuff and I only took $40.00 with me.

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 12:06:41 PM »

Damn  I knew i shoulda gone to this show.  :lol:    Nice  haul  there  Morg.
Zinthos.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 01:55:42 PM »

Well I for one am shocked.
I went to this show 4 times before - each time it sucked worse than a $2.00 hooker.

There's no way I would ever go back to it - glad you had a good time there Dave, but I'll bet you money it was a fluke - goto the next one and LMK what it's like..... it has been 3 years since I last went to one there.
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
I went to this show 4 times before - each time it sucked worse than a $2.00 hooker.

There's no way I would ever go back to it - glad you had a good time there Dave, but I'll bet you money it was a fluke - goto the next one and LMK what it's like..... it has been 3 years since I last went to one there.
Mike

Hey now, no betting my money.  :shifty:

Anyhow, yeah, the shows do typically suck but the Oktoberfest show is the exception to the rule. We get better vendors and a lot more people show up. I've thought of setting up a table just for the Oktoberfest show to unload some of those Spawn and X men figures I have.

Chances are that if I go next month, well, insert $2.00 hooker comment here... :|

Squishy Duck Man

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 04:49:59 PM »

Damn, and I was in K-W all weekend.   :(

At least I loaded up from Mike.  :D
Squishy Duck Man

A Canadian philosopher once obvserved - HEY!  SOMEONE\'S MAKIN\' DONUTS!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »

Quote from: ""Squishy Duck Man""
Damn, and I was in K-W all weekend.   :(

At least I loaded up from Mike.  :D

And it was good to finally meet you in person........ which reminds me that I should go fix up that section of boxed items now. :-)

- Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 03:24:22 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""

Mike

Well I went to the K-W toy show for the month of November yesterday and it just proved the point that the Oktoberfest/Thanksgiving day show is the only one to get excited about. I did manage to find some Joe's for a buck, the best one being a decent shape Range Viper (V1) but nothing super amazing. I bought around 10 - 12 Joe and knock off Joe figures in total but the neat thing I got was something I don't collect, a MIB Action Jackson figure for $10.00. The box was in perfect shape, as is the figure by default. I figure for $10.00 for a mego figure from 1971 was a decent price, even if I don't collect them.

I saw a few different vendors and a lot of stupid prices like a MOBAT for $35.00 and it was missing the barrel of the tank. I also saw a couple of "C.H.I.P.'s." figures that were pretty beaten up, broken hand and all and that guy wanted $5.00 a figure. Eh, no thanks.

Lots of He-Man for $2.00 but no as much wrestling figures this time and the ones I saw were the large rubber ones.