JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Canuck, the Movie (dio-story)  (Read 12429 times)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Joe Canuck, the Movie (dio-story)
« on: August 04, 2004, 10:40:40 PM »

Hey guys,
Mike put me in charge of the Joe Meet group-dio.
We have two approaches to this group-dio.  
One: We could do one big group dio of Joe Canucks (in action) in a big scene, where we are able can take camera shots in different angles to post on this board. We can all help out in setting up the scenery and plotting the figures and vehicles.
or Two: We could do a dio-story consisting of a number of scenes/playsets.  Prior to this, we have to come up with a plot and ideas, then I will take it and draw up storyboards for the dio-story. People will be assigned different jobs such as being in charge of bringing certain vehicles/playsets/figures, setting up the backgrounds/figures for the next shots, lighting (?), beer dude, etc. One possible story we can do will be an adventure involving Joe Canuck, with JCanuck board members (represented in figure form) as the supporting cast. Once the pics have been taken, I will layout the dialogue (word balloons) and have it presented on Joe Canuck.

Let me know which approach you guys want to do and if you guys have any thoughts and suggestions, post them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 12:33:08 AM »

I'm leaning towards option 2. I think we have plenty of creative energy on this board. If we're going to coordinate something like this, it should be a big deal that we can all contribute to.

So which way are we leaning? An strictly military adventure? A dio-satire? Endless gay humour surrounded by a plot of world domination?

Which reminds me; I'll be bringing all the episodes of Gay GI Joe Theatre from back in my college newspaper days.
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 08:15:25 PM »

Maybe we could steer it near action adventure with slapstick comedy on the side...like Rush Hour.

COME ON, CANUCKS! We need more input!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:18:34 AM »

We need a storyline that's truly awful. Think Operation Dragonfire. Or even worse: Arise Serptentor, Arise.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:21:05 AM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
We need a storyline that's truly awful. Think Operation Dragonfire. Or even worse: Arise Serptentor, Arise.

Pretty much. Cobra is brewing a big weapon or something in Canada and the Joe Canucks have to stop it.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 12:26:02 PM »

So what is it about Canada that Cobra needs for this weapon?

Pine trees?

Beaver tails (the animal part or the delicious fried sugar snack)?

Are they trying to harness Hostility Towards Americans (HTA) into a deadly energy?

Has Cobra Commander just developped a taste for poutine and he's worked his plans for world domination around this?

And since this will be shot in September, there can be a running gag about Snow Serpents wanting to take off their winter gear but Major Bludd won't let them because he's sure "Canada can turn into a friggid permafrost without a second's notice."
Updated!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 06:22:46 PM »

And since this will be shot in September, there can be a running gag about Snow Serpents wanting to take off their winter gear but Major Bludd won't let them because he's sure "Canada can turn into a friggid permafrost without a second's notice."

Ooh. I like that one.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 07:45:27 PM »

Just a heads up guys....... since Morgardee made some good points over in the 'Joe Meet Day' thread, we 'MAY' have this in March this time...... which would delay it by a few months.
Mike

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 12:21:42 PM »

No biggie. Gives us more time to PLAN.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 02:36:32 PM »

How about Cobra wants to take control of Norad and feels the Canadian army is an easier target to get over than the American Army. Looks like we have 3 different posts here in Canada and that would seem like a realistic mission.

That or yeah, they want our trees, beaver pelts, hockey players and maple syrup.

Or better yet, Cobra Commander got into a huge argument about how "Colour" is spelled and wants to take over Canada just to change our dictionaries to match the American dictionary. Maybe while talking with Dreadnok Demolishor he got infuriated when trying to correct Demolishor on his spelling and Demolishor would not back down.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 04:28:26 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
How about Cobra wants to take control of Norad and feels the Canadian army is an easier target to get over than the American Army. Looks like we have 3 different posts here in Canada and that would seem like a realistic mission.

That or yeah, they want our trees, beaver pelts, hockey players and maple syrup.

Or better yet, Cobra Commander got into a huge argument about how "Colour" is spelled and wants to take over Canada just to change our dictionaries to match the American dictionary. Maybe while talking with Dreadnok Demolishor he got infuriated when trying to correct Demolishor on his spelling and Demolishor would not back down.

That's pretty good! are you sure it wasent the way he say's about or is it
aboot! :wink:
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 08:01:37 PM »

I am game for anything as long it doesn't include that lame character Brawler.  Just sick and tired of hearing about it.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67