JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: C'mon guys, no one wants to talk Toyfair?  (Read 7869 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: C'mon guys, no one wants to talk Toyfair?
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »

I still have my original Tomahawk and in great shape too.  It was my favorite vehicle back in the day.  I still remember calling Consumers Distributing every day hounding them to find out when they were getting it in once I saw it in their magazine.  The new version is pretty cool but it looks a little smaller and I'm worried about the folding blades becoming loose.   I do like the updated belly gun and 50 cal.s though.

I might get a few Kre-O fig. not sure yet.  And a couple of the new 3 3?4 are definitely on my list.

Martin, the Star Wars figs. (one pictured) are the new 6" line coming out this year.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »

Martin, the Star Wars figs. (one pictured) are the new 6" line coming out this year.

Thanks!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »

I think the Tomahawk/Eaglehawk will be like the SkyStriker: an all-new mould, but with the same basic dimensions as the original.  From looking at pics, it looks like the cargo compartment is a little larger.  The folding rotors will be great for displaying it landed on a Flagg. And I LOVE the headphones included for passengers, but I bet in 20 years they'll be the next Lift Ticket mike!

I too am curious how figs will stay in the jumpseats without a peg to help hold them. Love the way the seats and the guns look though.

In a Q&A JoeCanuck did with Hasbro, I asked them about how they made the SkyStriker look just like the original but with an obviously new mould.  In one of the most detailed answers they've ever given, they stated that they now have a technology that lets them scan an old vehicle and come up with a new design & new moulds. I think the Tomahawk/Eaglehawk is the second use of this technology.  This excites me, because it means that even if Hasbro doesn't have the moulds, they can make us a new & improved version of an old vehicle.  Mauler or WHALE, anyone?
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »

The Mauler and Whale are quite possibly my #1 and #2 favourite vehicles. I really dug the Skystriker and bought a pair; I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for a Tomahawk or two so the above two just seem so logical. Here's hoping they continue the re-issue/re-make hot streak. I really think vintage box art would benefit these vehicles (like they've done with Star Wars). These toys are iconic and there are so many people out there who might be strolling the toys isles with their kids and remember just how awesome these toys were and decide to pick them up to spark interest in a new generation. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't think it could hurt as the original art has always been incredible.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »

Agreed on the box art!!! The correct box art doesn't really separate the Joes from anything else on the toy aisle. Give me black background with the "explosion" behind the vehicle and "GI Joe" emblazoned in red, white, & blue!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »

i'm just narked by all this BS on the packaging that the Joes are all flippin' ninjas now.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »

From GeneralsJoes.com

Check out the blind bag codes below:
  • 23401 75 Alley Viper
  • 23401 76 Cobra Ninja Viper
  • 23401 77 Cobra Trooper
  • 23401 78 Crimson Guard
  • 23401 79 Cobra Axe Ninja
  • 23401 80 Kim Arashikage (Jinx)
  • 23401 81 Kamakura
  • 23401 82 Quick Kick
  • 23401 83 Rock-N-Roll
  • 23401 84 Scarlett
  • 23401 85 Adventure Team Commander
  • 23401 86 Torpedo

Martin

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »

What I'm interested in is the release date of the next waves in Canada.
Wave 2 and 2.5 and popping all over the states, but no signs of anything new up here.
Say no to AFA.

Canadian Tzar

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »

What I'm interested in is the release date of the next waves in Canada.
Wave 2 and 2.5 and popping all over the states, but no signs of anything new up here.

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. I'm hoping things will pick up in March, I really want the second set of 3 packs, and I'd like to see wave 3 before Christmas...if at all. 
"Early to rise and early to bed, make a man healthy, but socially dead."

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »

Man, I've between making plans for the GIJCC and general life I missed that Toy Fair even happened. It's been a while since I was even on this board.

Thanks for the update. now I gotta go find some pics.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.