JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Help With Costume  (Read 1702 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Help With Costume
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »

So, due to a sudden change in plans, I may have to dress up as something other than what I had planned.  Pulling off a V1 Duke won't take too much, but any ideas on a quick and easy bandolier?  A grenade would be pretty easy to make for it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Help With Costume
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »

Find an Amity or a Thrift store in your area. Check women's belts and see if they have a fabric one that might work. If it's not green buy some RIT DYE and dye it green.

Outside of that, hit up Fabricland (or another Fabric store), and purchase what you need. Tell them what you want to do, get suggestions, and then go from there.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Help With Costume
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:14:34 AM »

Perhaps if you have no time to go to the stores, you can just come up with something quick like I did before. Just take any old belt, and slide it under your arm, voila. You can decide to attach whatever you want on it with some black electrician tape. The easiest and most comonly found are old batteries, especially the big ones, that you can use for the bullets, or a flashlight too to add more realism.

OR:

You can sacrifice an old sportsbag that you dont use anymore, and cut the strap off and sow it, or gluegun tape it together.

Use a green, black or grey shirt and wear it bandana style.

BTW:
If you own already the Gi joe footlocker (dvd episodes boxset) dont forget to use the dogtag in it, it'll look great with your costume.
2 + 2 = 22