JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 1982/83 Helmets  (Read 5376 times)

Torpedo Rob

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
1982/83 Helmets
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »

I got a "complete" Short Fuze in the mail today and the helmet does not look like it matches properly. I assume it's from an accessory pack as it looks more grey than green. The mortar is certainly not an original, it's grey as well. This crap drives me insane.
My question is, are any of the other 82/83 helmets the same as the original Short Fuze helmet? I thought if they were, I may be able to swap them to have the right helmet.

Thank's.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 1982/83 Helmets
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:08:28 AM »

iirc the same helmet was used for Zap, Clutch, Rock'n'Roll, Grunt, Breaker, Flash, Hawk, Grand Slam and Steeler. (basically all of the '82 figures.)

i think it was also used for Duke, but a different colour. the Roadblock helmet lacked the tiny holes for clipping on visors.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »

I hate it when sellers say complete but its clearly acc pack weapons... you see it on evil bay all the time.
Drives me crazy!!!
Or when they dont mention stuff like really loose limbs, broken thumbs etc etc.
Usually they will say in the listing... "look at pictures closely"
sketchy!
where did u get him from?

Torpedo Rob

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »

I guess I can swap for Grand Slam, Hawk or Flash helmets then as their's would have holes for the visor right?
I got it on Ebay from a seller in Ontario. I was all excited to buy from a Canadian as most of my purchases come from the States but was not happy with the buy. It was described as "comes with items pictured" but the picture was not very good. It's my own fault for not asking questions but it still bugs me when people are purposely vague when they know it's accessory items.
Thank's for the help guys.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »

what bugs me is all the "99% complete" guff and some times you look and think 'alf a mo, it's missing X,Y and Z. that's nowhere near 99% complete' and how do you even work out what percentage the accessories comprise any way?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »

iirc the same helmet was used for Zap, Clutch, Rock'n'Roll, Grunt, Breaker, Flash, Hawk, Grand Slam and Steeler. (basically all of the '82 figures.)

i think it was also used for Duke, but a different colour. the Roadblock helmet lacked the tiny holes for clipping on visors.

It sure was fun keeping my post count to 2222 for a little while  ;) , anyway this is an interesting tread and here's my imput:

Just to clarify what fellow Sundance stated, there were in fact colour distinctions between the helmets amongst the original 13 figures that came with one. Based on my experience, I was able to identify 3 main categories of green colors used for the 82-83 helmets, although there could be more subtleties such as color variations depending on the figure, the year and other factors:

• Per instance, the helmet of Clutch, Breaker, Flash, Hawk, Short-Fuze had a more off-green tone (if you put an accessory pack grey helmet next to it, you will see that the green ones do stand out).
  • The helmet of Zap and Steeler had a brighter tone of green.
  • While finally, the helmet of Grunt, Rock N Roll and Grand Slam were of a darker off-green.

Duke and Roadrock's helmets are also bright green (similar to Zap's and Steelers, not sure how similar though, or if it's the exact same color) and both either came with or without holes, due to a change that was made during the production run I believe.
2 + 2 = 22

Torpedo Rob

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:41 PM »

Thank's again guys.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »

It sure was fun keeping my post count to 2222 for a little while  ;) , anyway this is an interesting tread and here's my imput:

Just to clarify what fellow Sundance stated, there were in fact colour distinctions between the helmets amongst the original 13 figures that came with one. Based on my experience, I was able to identify 3 main categories of green colors used for the 82-83 helmets, although there could be more subtleties such as color variations depending on the figure, the year and other factors:

• Per instance, the helmet of Clutch, Breaker, Flash, Hawk, Short-Fuze had a more off-green tone (if you put an accessory pack grey helmet next to it, you will see that the green ones do stand out).
  • The helmet of Zap and Steeler had a brighter tone of green.
  • While finally, the helmet of Grunt, Rock N Roll and Grand Slam were of a darker off-green.

Duke and Roadrock's helmets are also bright green (similar to Zap's and Steelers, not sure how similar though, or if it's the exact same color) and both either came with or without holes, due to a change that was made during the production run I believe.

Great information there, that's the kind of stuff that's great to find/read on a forum.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »

I need a visor for Grand Slam and a helmet and visor for Hawk, Can anyone help?
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 12:08:30 AM »

I guess I can swap for Grand Slam, Hawk or Flash helmets then as their's would have holes for the visor right?
I got it on Ebay from a seller in Ontario. I was all excited to buy from a Canadian as most of my purchases come from the States but was not happy with the buy. It was described as "comes with items pictured" but the picture was not very good. It's my own fault for not asking questions but it still bugs me when people are purposely vague when they know it's accessory items.
Thank's for the help guys.

was he from Thorald on.?
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Torpedo Rob

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

I can't remember now. Somewhere in or around Toronto is all I remember. His Ebay location is T.O.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »

Always had trouble telling the helmets apart except when i actually put them on the figures for some reason.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!