General Section > General Joe Talk

GI Joe: Snake Eyes

<< < (2/2)

Pete The Greek:
Hopefully once a trailer is released, I may get excited about this. Otherwise, I am not expecting much with Lorenzo still involved in the GI JOE movies.

Zenith27:
Where's my Short-Fuze origin movie eh?

I've always HATED the whole ninja thing with GI Joe. Storm Shadow was enough. Snake Eyes still packed an UZI at least, Quick Kick was funny in the TV series and I let Jinx pass since the Joes didn't have a real ninja yet. Budo was the start of a long line of BS ninja/kung-fu/whatever characters that had no business in a military toy line. "Oh Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are popular! Lets do a whole damn ninja team since BF2000 cratered so badly." It was just like what Star Wars is doing with Boba Fett now. He looked cool. "Shit son, let's give him his own TV series and movie to cash in and wreck the mysterious coolness that people liked in the first place." At least Lucas was above that crap.

Considering how this movie is likely to be pretty much a martial arts film, if it's successful enough to spawn sequels, imagine how not GI Joe the future of the franchise will end up. Also, how out of character is this origin film going to be for the franchise. The whole point of GI Joe:ARAH was that it was a TEAM. Can't they take the characters they have and make a decent team movie? I see Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li all over again sadly.

B:
Totally agree with Zenith27 on the Boba Fett comment.
Being a ninja in a joe movie is fine for one character (Snake eyes) but it should be in addition to his commando skills. I think they should definately focus on some sort of  team mission like Sundance mentioned. More of a wartime action movie and no politics.

just my two cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version