JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What is the CID unit?  (Read 2750 times)

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
What is the CID unit?
« on: May 16, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »

I believe this unit was started sometime after I stopped collecting.  Maybe it was part of Spy Troops, but what is it exactly?  Seems like it is a sort of internal affairs for the Joes?  I think BullHorn was recast as a member and I think Sure Fire is.  Not sure if anyone else is.  Anyone know?  I was thinking of using the Bruce Willis figure (read John McClain) as a CID member.  Seems like a weird team.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What is the CID unit?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:02:42 AM »

Criminal Investigations Division. as you say, basically an Army police force. i'm sure you can find more on wikipedia.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »

NCIS for the Army. Basically, they investigate crimes involving the Army.

OB

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 11:30:56 AM »

Seems weird the Joes would have this unit, though.  Since they are "the best of the best".  I would trade the CID members for more SWAT team members....I was always a fan for some reason.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

make more sense to have more MPs than CID or SWAT. SWAT's a civilian thing. Half the Joes can probably do SWAT stuff any way by virtue of being either Special Forces trained (Flint, Falcon, Duke, Wet Suit, Torpedo and Wet Down the SEALs, et al) or through being Ranger qualified and trained for Close-Quarter Battle (Footloose, Grunt, Crazy Legs, Beach Head, Stalker et al.).

MPs are responsible for detaining prisoners of war, traffic control and all sorts.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »

Yes, I really don't disagree with that.  I envision GI Joe SWAT as really urban commandos.  In a dio (e.g. glorified shelf), I use Shockwave and Lamont with the SF Joes.  They are supported by the vehicle that looks like the Batmobile....sorry going blank now....it was the ROC Target exclusive. 

To your point, I include Claymore, Beachead, Nighfox, Stalker, Flint, Ashiko (his bike matches the "Bat Mobile"), Leatherneck, Gung Ho.  Probably some more too. 

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

I was looking at Chuckles original filecard yesterday and realized his primary specialty is CID.  Not sure if i knew that.  Sort of feels weird because he was always portrayed as a spy, not an internal affairs agent.
Even the file card talks about how he infilitriates Cobra and "slaps their backs".