JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Anybody know what this vintage star trek box is worth?  (Read 2317 times)

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Anybody know what this vintage star trek box is worth?
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

Anybody know what this is worth?

I think this box is rare.

Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know what this vintage star trek box is worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39:41 AM »

Very very hard to say, even for me who knows alot about this toyline. Just the playset itself is highly desirable and quite rare. I don't know if the box by itself is, as I never saw anyone trying to sell a box alone. If I had the playset and the paperwork, I would probably go as far as offering 100$ for your box, because I'd be willing to invest a little more to increase the value of the set and probably get more out of it if ever I were to decide to sell it altogether one day. Yours is bilingual too, that's something I never noticed before.

What I would do is keep it, even if it takes you 20 years to find a playset to pair it with, or just long enough for your to find out if you possess a rarer version of the box. I've seen a loose specimen in amazing condition with the box go as high as 600$+. This was about 1 year ago.

BTW, I own all the rare Star Trek TMP 3.75 inch Alien characters except for that blasted Betelgeusian! If you find one loose with its original cape and in good shape, you know who to contact  8). If you find any of the other Alien characters, I can certainly guide you towards what they could be worth.

2 + 2 = 22

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know what this vintage star trek box is worth?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:07:14 AM »

wish I still had the playset, I think my mom threw it away or gave it away, had a bunch of figs with it too :(
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic