JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

More? or Less?

Pay More : Bigger Guest
- 12 (63.2%)
Pay Less : More Guests
- 7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closes: September 21, 2050, 07:07:00 AM

Author Topic: Guests Poll  (Read 5295 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Guests Poll
« on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »

I'm close to signing a couple of people for the Convention.... but I need to know from you guys first :

Would you rather pay MORE for admission, and have a bigger name guest, (Cartoon, etc).

Or would you rather pay LESS for admission and have a bunch of comic-type guests?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Guests Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »

Tough decision.  Personally Id prefer less admission so I could spend more on product, big names are cool but Id rather spend my money on something I can purchase and take home.  I think it would depend on how much of a mark up you are talking about though, if it was a few dollars more Id be ok with spending the extra money but if its like 10 or 20 bucks more, Id rather not.  Just my opinion, Im sure most people will feel differently.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

I'd decide to go with PAY MORE and get a bigger name. Of course if we're talking about a mark-up in the two digits, I'd probably strongly reconsider. Since the Convention is evergrowing, I think that we need to invite big personalities in the Joe industry so that we can all know a bit more than just about half the battle at the end of the day  ;D.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »

Here's the deal guys.

I spoke with "someone" today on the phone... it was strange to call this person by their real name, when I've only known of the "toy" about them - and that toy has a different character name. ;-)

After many emails, phone calls, etc etc. And talking to agents - god, I hate agents....

We have 4 people that we can have as a guest. I'm not having all 4 - otherwise I'd need to charge $100.00 per person for admission.  :shifty:

Consider this. a $20.00 admission, with an attendee bonus item (nothing major), and a "NAME" talent guest that worked on the original cartoon. You'll still get comic folks, and other guests as well.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »

20 addmission is very reasonable Mike if you can secure all that.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »

I prefer to pay more and have bigger names.  I just came back from US con and listening peoples who's worked on toys or cartoons is very very interesting.  
That should be great to have the opportunity to listen someone who worked on original cartoon.
So, with the price of the hotel, food, gaz and stuff i will buy, paying 20-30$ for admission will not make a big difference on the cost of my trip.
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

It's funny, I can see the results of the poll so far, and more people have voted for LESS money since people posted they would pay more to get more.

Cheap-ass joe fans, aren't ya? ;-)  :lol:

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »

I would pay more too... I was just at the Toronto Comic Con and the admission was $35 to get in. I think the FAN Expo was $30 as well.  Go Big or Go Home! :lol:
Lurking

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »

id be ok paying a little more to have bigger names.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »

I think if you gave them solid prices the poll would be more accurate, "paying more" or "paying less" unfortunately can be interpreted in many ways.  And people dont know if More is like 30 dollars more or 5 dollars more.  But your 20 dollar estimate clears a lot of that up.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
It's funny, I can see the results of the poll so far, and more people have voted for LESS money since people posted they would pay more to get more.

Cheap-ass joe fans, aren't ya? ;-)  :lol:
I'm as cheap as they come, but I'd pay more.  Even so, I am more into meeting comic guys than cartoon guys.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »

I can dig it.  20 bucks is cool.