JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: South Shore of Montreal gets Sigma 6  (Read 2826 times)

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
South Shore of Montreal gets Sigma 6
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:31:09 PM »

Hey gang, today I went to the Tashereau Wal-Mart, and lo and behold, they had some Sigma 6.  They are in tri-lingual packaging and for some reason, they have a blinking red light in every package...

One more thing, the Wave is strange.  It is composed of Destro, Desert LR, Armoured SE, Arctic Duke, Jungle SE, and Hi-Tech.  I find it strange that they didn't release any 'Default' or Wave I characters, which is a major pissoff to Quebec fans like myself who don't buy things online.

I asked one of the employees at the Tashereau TRU, a nice lady who always tells me when the new figures I'm looking for comes in, and she said that they have Sigma 6s but they can't sell them due to language laws (all-english packaging).  Is there anything I could do to get some of the figures from them, anyway?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:43:37 PM »

The blinking LED light is Hasbro's new market scheme to draw the eye. It's been working out pretty well, but I expect a law against it to come up soon, before the entire toy section is brighter than Christmas.

That's two seperate waves (Firefly, Desert Long Range, Armoured SE being one, and Artic Duke, Destro, and Hi-Tech being another). There are two ways to get early wave figures: A lot of stores in the states have Wave 1 sitting stagnent, especially Duke and Heavy Duty. Some stores are even clearance pricing them. Find a friend in the states and see if he can hook you up. The only figures you'll have a lot of trouble finding are Kamakura and the flying BAT. Especially if you have plans to army build.

Of course, if you have pockets deep enough to army build Sigma Six, you can afford Legends collector prices. Legends brought in the majority of the line. They sell for over $20 each, though, but you get your picks.

So, Hi-Tech and Destro are here, eh?
Updated!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:47:17 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
So, Hi-Tech and Destro are here, eh?

At least they are at the Wal-Mart on Taschereau, in Brossard.

I'll have to pay Legends a visit one of these days, maybe on a day when I get off Cegep at 10 in the morning.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!