JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Smackdown vs Raw 2006  (Read 3836 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« on: September 11, 2006, 07:11:55 AM »

I've found myself playing this game again. It's sat for some time without being played, probably because I can't seem to get further ahead. I played through and finished a 'season' of Smackdown and two 'seasons' of Raw, but the Raw title belt is still locked. Plus I did not come across things like Legend Battle Royal and Bar Brawl in either season. Which season are those events in, does anyone know? Also, I thought I beat the Undertaker in the buried alive match, but didn't since I don't have the urn trophy. Which season was that in?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:49:17 AM »

Ok I checked again I do have the Undertaker's urn.

Another thing I can't figure out is how to change a created characters costume between in-ring and backstage?
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

That one I can help with. During the creation, there is a window that says "In-Ring" or something to that effect. The right analog toggles this to entrance and backstage. However, the only menu that toggling it actually changes it is the edit menu, the screen listing the skins you've chosen.

Sorry if it isn't super clear, I don't own the game, I just play it at friends' houses.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 01:29:54 PM »

It has been about 3 or so months since I've played this, so bear with me. When making your CAW, moving from left to right on the top choices, I think the second last option (2nd closest to the right) is the menu where you can remove items or modify the colour, clothing patterns or even the piece of clothing in question. Lets say to have a hat on and you only want the hat from backstage and ring entrance, scroll down to your hat then using the right analog stick you see three options, something like "In Ring", "Entrance" and "Back Stage" or something like that. You can remove the hat here from the "In Ring" setup of your character. You'll see the hat back stage and the entrance, but not when wrestling. If it's a battle royal then forget it, dude comes out in ring attire only (I think).

That being said, I made a character with a skin tight mask. When I had hair on the wrestler, the hair was clearly visible so the guy had to be bald. I still don't know a way around that, so if I use that guy back stage and wanted him to have no mask then he has to be bald.

As for your question about the belts, I thought you should have had it by now. Only time I can move them is in exhibition modes, much like if you create a belt. Mike has my "B@stard Championship belt" (or at least a copy of it  :evil: ) from when he stomped a mud hole in me at the last Joe meet.

Your inspiring me to fire this game up again. Last thing I was working on was GM mode and I was loosing. Don't pick Smackdown's side if you do this. That and if your loosing, free up some big names like Andrea the Giant for a quick push. You can cheat by playing 2 player and give player 2 all crap guys while you take the top talent. I wish I had done that, but now I'm more than 1/2 way to the end so I'm sticking it out.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »

GM mode is where it's at! Especially head to head. Building up the popularity of created wrestlers, managing the money. If you run an interference promotion and then play some of the matches, there's a chance the run-in happens during your match.

I had the Undertaker show up for a Cruiserweight match and beat up on the comp. I was smart enough to slide out of the ring first, though.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
GM mode is where it's at! Especially head to head. Building up the popularity of created wrestlers, managing the money. If you run an interference promotion and then play some of the matches, there's a chance the run-in happens during your match.

I had the Undertaker show up for a Cruiserweight match and beat up on the comp. I was smart enough to slide out of the ring first, though.

Wait, how did you do that? We're you playing 2 player as both players? I thought running interference was just sending one of your guys to the the other roster and then you read about it at the end of the show. Is there more to this?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:56:02 AM »

I'm on my fourth GM Mode season this year and I only just discovered this about a month ago.

I'm playing two players with a friend, so we have to be crafty to interfere in each other's shows. But we always thought it was just a way to draw ratings and occassionally injure a guy. We were wrong. I was playing a RAW match that I needed Christian to win, and the Undertaker, a Smackdown wrestler, shows up and starts attacking my guys. Ends up, my friend ran an interferance promo using the Undertaker. You don't decide which match or what he does when he interferes, but he actually shows up to one of the matches and raises hell. Very cool surprise.
Updated!

Bluefire

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 03:20:41 PM »

Gm mode is why I'm still playing smackdown vs Raw ... Scramble and I are deadlocked in our current season of it. I haven't lost a Gm mode against him yet but I'm feeling the heat this time.  I can't wait to see what improvements they've made for the new game that's coming out.
hate them SOOOO MUCH!!!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »

Hey man, welcome to the board.

Thank you for keeping the hate alive. :thumbsup:
Say no to AFA.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »

I don't know why Bluefire insists that we're deadlocked. Maybe because he sees a blemish closing in on his precious record.

Seriously, GM mode is the wrestling feature of the future.
Updated!

Bluefire

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Smackdown vs Raw 2006
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 11:37:03 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
I don't know why Bluefire insists that we're deadlocked. Maybe because he sees a blemish closing in on his precious record.

Seriously, GM mode is the wrestling feature of the future.

Thanx Redmao!   I hate them sooo much... but I don't know why!?!

And about me losing Scramble.. it's not gonna happen ;) ...  
I'm the Roger Federer of Smackdown vs Raw Gm mode, the star trek ending of SvR2006.  It's already over.. you just don't know it yet ;)  ..

Seriously though, Gm mode rocks. I hope the rest of Smackdown vs Raw 2007 is just as good.
hate them SOOOO MUCH!!!