JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ask Hasbro your questions - Halloween Edition  (Read 6641 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Ask Hasbro your questions - Halloween Edition
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »

Well, by now you should all know the drill. Ask the questions you'd like answered by Hasbro in this thread. Voting will start Friday night and will end Monday am.

Make your voice heard!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Hasbro your questions - Halloween Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

Given that we won't be getting any classic style joes in classic style packaging in the near future, is there any chance of some more classic figures being slipped into the movie/post-movie line-up ala Rampage (Heavy Metal), Thunderblast (Thunder), or Monkeywrench from the Walmart 2-Packs. This will allow you to continue to market the toys as part of the movie/post-movie line while throwing a bone to us classic only collectors.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »

Will Hasbro consider delivering at the least two 25th anniversary style figure packs based on Sunbow's 1987 "Gijoe the movie" characters?

Many of fans have requested in the past a Pythona or Big Lob figure. In addition, the Sunbow movie delivered strong icon characters like Sgt. Slaughter and his Renegades, which can easily become the best 25th anniversary style figures we will have seen if rendered with respects to their appearance in the movie.

The packs could easily take form of a 5 or 7 figure pack, one for Cobra-La (and Cobra), and one for the Joes, without the need to have any reference on the package to the Sunbow movie so to avoid confusion with the Rise of Cobra toyline.
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »

Traditionally the Canadian G.I. Joe convention is around the end of April, early May. Next years American convention run by Fun Publications and the Master Collector Group is scheduled for the same weekend as the Canadian event. When I asked on the Master Collector board why they chose that weekend they said the answer was one word "Hasbro". Why has Hasbro requested the US Convention when the Canadian one usually takes place?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:31:25 PM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »

You may want to re-word that Morg.

Hasbro may have a say when Fun Publications and the G.I. Joe Master Collector group have their convention, but Hasbro has no say in when the Canadian Convention is.

Why has Hasbro chose to have the American and Canadian conventions at the same time?

That implies that Hasbro says when ours is - and the response back from them would state that they have no say in the Canadian one.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:26:59 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
You may want to re-word that Morg.

Hasbro may have a say when Fun Publications and the G.I. Joe Master Collector group have their convention, but Hasbro has no say in when the Canadian Convention is.

Why has Hasbro chose to have the American and Canadian conventions at the same time?

That implies that Hasbro says when ours is - and the response back from them would state that they have no say in the Canadian one.

Yeah. I thought it looked funny when I wrote it. I just don't know how to word my question without getting to long winded.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »

Here's a suggested shorter version that doesn't accuse them of conspiring against us and I believe will get a more generous answer. Do with it as you like:

The Official GI Joe convention run by Fun Publications and the Master Collector Group is scheduled for the last weekend in April, traditionally the time the Canadian G.I. Joe convention is held every year. Since Master Collector indicated that Hasbro made this decision, why did you request that the Official Convention be held this weekend?
Updated!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:56 PM »

Since store exclusives don't always come out in Canada, and especially not in Quebec, is there any way we fans can be informed of what exclusives will be carried by Canadian retailers?
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

Are the Wave 3 Alpha vehicles cancelled for good, or is there a chance we'll see them later as an online exclusive like the 25th Wave 5 vehicles?  I want my Polar SHARC!

Is all other Joe product that's been previewed to us still on the previously scheduled release dates?

When can we expect to see the Resolute multi-packs that have been previously discussed?

THERE I FIXED IT!!!!!   :lol: :wink:  No hard feelings, guys.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:50:20 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 11:49:11 PM »

What is the suction cup with handlebars thing supposed to be?
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 02:38:45 AM »

Some of the Rise of cobra products seem to be non existent in certain parts of Ontario, for example Ottawa our nations capital. Is there a reason why some waves don't seem to have been shipped to certain area's. Specifically the wave with the Paris Pursuit figures (Snakeeyes with Wolf) to mentions one. Havn't seen anything from this wave at any stores in Ottawa.

We keep seeing and hearing about lots of great products coming out in the states however much of this still hasn't filtered across the border are we ever going to get a closer distribution of product to the states (time wise or variety).

Is hasbro planning on adding in any incentives or promotions to individual figures such as mini comics, micro figures or trading cards like were frequently packaged in figures durign the 80's and 90's.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »

Will there be a ROC/POC Stalker?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.