JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My Collection  (Read 5740 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: My Collection
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »

I dig it, army builders and the sub teams especially, and the 82 section.  I like the set up too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »

Quote from: "turner"
I dig it, army builders and the sub teams especially, and the 82 section.  I like the set up too.

Thanks. Never meant to army build. When I picked them up in lots, saw them for $3 or less, or people traded them to me I ended up keeping them.  That added up, somehow.  Sadly, whenever space in my place becomes a premium, those will be the first to go.
The BATS are mostly rocking repo chest stickers by-the-way, and I had just enough arm attachments so they all got one only...  :-
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:43:44 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:12:51 AM »

where'd you get the repro BAT stickers?

nice collection!
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »

eBay.
6 for $8, I think.
They look good. Don't have the sheen, but you can't tell from a distance.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »

I like the little things in your set up, like the fact Firefly is leaning out the Stinger jeep so that he can see where they are going.  

The OCD in me says you should get yourself to Home Depot or Rona and pick up some dry wall sheets and finish off that basement.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:42:48 AM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
The OCD in me says you should get yourself to Home Depot or Rona and pick up some dry wall sheets and finish off that basement.  ;D

The drywall is begging to go up, but placing studs has me doubting my ability. Anyone know a good "do it yourself" website that could walk me through?
My neighbour - a great guy - is an electrician. He's over all the time. That would solve one obstacle.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »

Quote from: "grunt 4 mvp"

The drywall is begging to go up, but placing studs has me doubting my ability. Anyone know a good "do it yourself" website that could walk me through?
My neighbour - a great guy - is an electrician. He's over all the time. That would solve one obstacle.

go to home depot and buy the do it yourself book, that is what i will be doing if we get the house we are looking at.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
Quote from: "grunt 4 mvp"

go to home depot and buy the do it yourself book, that is what i will be doing if we get the house we are looking at.

I'm game to help each other with the manual labour if you are! Bring some beer and make it a good time!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »

sounds good to me, i just have to work around my studies, and family things.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »

I hope you have an easier time building out your basement then me.  The Sub-contractors my builder used did just a fast job putting up the pipes and HVAC that my friend (Licenced Carpenter) keeps shaking his head every few feet.   We are at the point that we only get a small section of wall done at a time so we can "McGiver" the wall and still keep it to Code.  I could have taken down and reroute all my HVAC and water lines but who has the time and money for that?
Lurking