JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Quebec Sightings Thread  (Read 167392 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Quebec Sightings Thread
« Reply #576 on: February 14, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »

If Walmart is supposed to be the cheapest one around --- just imagine what the joe prices will be at other stores. Unless of course, this is no longer a question of logical deduction.
I'm no Vulcan, but this crap ain't logical, captain.

I gave +1 to the green blooded Vulcan for the laughs  ;D

Same here.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #577 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »

How considerate.  Thank you, gentlemen.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »

I saw them on the pegs too...I had to do a double when I saw new joes then a triple take when I saw the price...that's $12.38 a figure with tax included.

It's not too surprising. I mean joes have been $9.99 at TRU and Zellers for ages, and WalMart has finally caught up with pricing. I'm guessing $10.99 moving forward at TRU and Zellers.

Many toylines have seen hikes in pricing. Prices are not coming down. This is the trend I've noticed.

Prices of action figures continue to rise to a point where parents no longer want to drop down the cash for these type of items unless its for Christmas or a birthday. Videogames are a better option in terms of longeivity. It's hard to buy an action figure that a kid will lose interest in a week or two.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »

Prices of action figures continue to rise to a point where parents no longer want to drop down the cash for these type of items unless its for Christmas or a birthday. Videogames are a better option in terms of longeivity. It's hard to buy an action figure that a kid will lose interest in a week or two.

And that's why I have a bathtub full of Captain America figures. They were $2 each at Walmart and hard for a 5 year old boy to break, plus no metal parts.  ;)

This sort of reminds me of when comic prices kept on going up and up to the point it was no longer a viable option. I could see spending 75 cents on a comic book, but not $3 - $4. It just because unreasonable and that is one of the reasons I stopped buying comics. Will the same thing happen to action figures? 

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »

And that's why I have a bathtub full of Captain America figures. They were $2 each at Walmart and hard for a 5 year old boy to break, plus no metal parts.  ;)

This sort of reminds me of when comic prices kept on going up and up to the point it was no longer a viable option. I could see spending 75 cents on a comic book, but not $3 - $4. It just because unreasonable and that is one of the reasons I stopped buying comics. Will the same thing happen to action figures?
The thing is, there were other reasons as to why we stopped buying comics back then.  Crap like OMG COLLECTOR'S ISSUE #1!!!, multiple covers, bags and collector cards, '90s EXTREEEEME-ness, pouches on pouches and guns on guns, story/art, etc.

I've pretty much stopped buying Transformers figures not just because of cost but issues like distribution (or lack thereof), moviecrap dominating the pegs, designs I'm not fond of, and other stuff.  Price is one reason, but it's not the only reason, know what I mean?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

The thing is, there were other reasons as to why we stopped buying comics back then.  Crap like OMG COLLECTOR'S ISSUE #1!!!, multiple covers, bags and collector cards, '90s EXTREEEEME-ness, pouches on pouches and guns on guns, story/art, etc.

I've pretty much stopped buying Transformers figures not just because of cost but issues like distribution (or lack thereof), moviecrap dominating the pegs, designs I'm not fond of, and other stuff.  Price is one reason, but it's not the only reason, know what I mean?

Snakes, those are exactly most of the reasons why I stopped collecting them, but add to that the flood of mainstream artist clones. The other reason I stopped was because of the excess of stories becoming more and more invaded with crossovers that I didn't care much about.
2 + 2 = 22

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »

Snakes, those are exactly most of the reasons why I stopped collecting them, but add to that the flood of mainstream artist clones. The other reason I stopped was because of the excess of stories becoming more and more invaded with crossovers that I didn't care much about.
Yeah, tell me about it.  My favourite comic book character is Death's Head, yes?  His '90s "reimagining" started with them literally killing the character off, shortly followed by an X-Men crossover with multiple covers.

As for Joe sightings, the Brossard TRU still has those Hawks, Cobra Commanders, and the rest of their wavemates.  $10 each, I think.  They don't seem to be moving.  Also, no vehicles.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »

Yeah, tell me about it.  My favourite comic book character is Death's Head, yes?  His '90s "reimagining" started with them literally killing the character off, shortly followed by an X-Men crossover with multiple covers.

As for Joe sightings, the Brossard TRU still has those Hawks, Cobra Commanders, and the rest of their wavemates.  $10 each, I think.  They don't seem to be moving.  Also, no vehicles.

Ah, good ol' Death Head. He was an odd character but i really liked him. I seem to recall a story in the future where he became a major player and was helping the last of the earths heroes fight off some super bad dude. Rhino was one of the Avengers and in love with She Hulk or something like that. I still have that story arc somewhere in the attic. Maybe when my son is a bit older I'll haul all those comics out. I'll start him off with all the Rob Liefeld crap I bought so that if he rips a page I won't be upset.  ;)

I swear, I'd take 50 cents on a dollar if I could find a buyer for all that stuff...

Just for giggles:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Death's_Head_2_Vol_1_4

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »

I'm a massive Death's Head fan, so if you're serious about selling your stuff, let me know what you have and I'll let you know if you have anything I'm lookin' for.  I despise the Death's Head II generation (Death's Head v3.0 was strange, but at least somewhat decent), but being a fanboy, I'm compelled to try to collect all of his appearances, especially since I find plenty of 'em in dollar bins.

I know I'm going off-topic here, but apparently, Marvel Universe is considering making a Death's Head figure in 2013 (no mention of which appearance, yet), which means I can retire my half-assed custom, yes?

(If, for some reason, you'd like more pictures, I put a few up here.)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »

Bric à Brac on Ontario street restocked their Joe pegs.
Sadly it's the same stuff we're stuck with at TRU and the other big stores. Blowtorch, Hawk and the gang.
Great deals on Playmobil though, so if you're into smiling characters, it's the place to go.  ;D

1 000 000 Comics and Captain Quebec have various Renegades and 30th figures available.
Last time I went there and it's confirmed on their website, Legends has pretty much all the recent figures available too.
Funny how the comic stores around town have better assortments of GIJoe figures than the big chains.
Say no to AFA.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

Redmao reporting again from his toy patrol.
Zellers has a Buy one get another one 1/2 price on all their Marvel and SW figures which includes the latest Avengers figures. At $12.99 a figure, it feels a bit better on the wallet.

Zellers Atwater has two different Captain America, one of which looks like a repaint from a Cap movie figure, Thor, Iron Man and Hawk eyes which looks pretty cool.
They also have a few villains available in the Spider-Man line like the Shocker, Scorpion and le Lizard.
They still have lots of Iron Man, Thor and Caps from they own movie lines too, but at this point who really cares, right?

On the Joe front, Blowtorch and a few Cobra Commanders were occupying a peg. The Armor Cycle and Skystriker were also available.

Meanwhile Captain Quebec still has a few 30th and Renegades GIJoe figures available for $10.99 each and they have a few Avengers figures for $14.99.
Say no to AFA.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »

Well, Walmart sold out of 30th wave 1, so they restocked with... drumroll please... PoC wave 5! That's right more Blowtorches , Cobra Commanders and General Hawks to clog the pegs. The best part is they're 10.77$.  ::)

OB