JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Sup Ya'll!  (Read 2888 times)

Gerrorism

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Sup Ya'll!
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

Im from Northern Ontario (as in 4 hrs north of Barrie...) I grew up here but spent most of the past decade living in Banff and Australia.  Now onto the Nerdiness, Ive been on HISSTANK since it started up pretty much, I think its a great board just too many damn Americans! (jk) Ive always been a fan of the comic for aslong as I can remember so Ive tossed my figures long ago but Ive definatly been getting into the 25th and Modern Era stuff I have about 25 carded figs right now.  Im excited for the movie but cant help but feel that its gonna bomb but whatever Im sure Ill still be smiling when I see Snake-Eyes choppin up MARS troopers.  Im really stoked for Resolute though and hope it turns out good.  When Im not nerding Im usually working or jamming with my band. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Sup Ya'll!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:38:13 PM »

Welcome!  What instrument(s) do you play...?

(and I didn't realize there was ANYTHING 4 hours north of Barrie)
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »

I've been to a place north of Barrie... it's called Kearny (sp?).... the drive felt like it was four hours... maybe it was!  :lol:

Welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:51:12 PM by Anonymous »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
I've been to a place north of Barrie... it's called Kearny (sp?).... the drive felt like it was four hours... maybe it was!  :lol:

Nothing there but fish, bears and wolves.... and a liquor store... I remember the liquor store very well.

Welcome aboard!

Gerrorism

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!  I live in Temiskaming Shores, its about an hour and a half north of North Bay but most people think Barrie IS Northern Ontario and anything north of there is the boon docks and muskeg... which is half right...  my local Walmart just finally put out Tiger Force Flint in mid Dec, so it does feel like the boonies sometimes.  Although find me on the map and theres just as much Ontario south of me as there is north of me.  I play guitar and often take cracks at other instruments.  The band I play for is called Crank Radio, we are just ironing out the details for our first album and hopefully will have it in our hands in the next month or so just need to finish up some cover art and send it off pretty much.  If you want a taste feel free to check out www.myspace.com/crankradio im the guy wearing the gijoe t (naturally)

Gerrorism

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:35:01 PM »

Nothing there but fish, bears and wolves.... and a liquor store... I remember the liquor store very well.

Welcome aboard!

The name sounds familiar but its not any place I can immediately recall.  Beer and liquor are essential for survival in these remote northern communities... otherwise we might go crazy.