JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: canadian convention tickets  (Read 5708 times)

TheCheznit8

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
canadian convention tickets
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Hey guys,

whats your opinion on pre-ordering tickets for the upcoming con?  This will be my first time going and I was thinking of dropping in.  You guys think there are going to be crazy lineups this year?

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: canadian convention tickets
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »

The lineups should be crazy, as usual.  I always had great time too.
If you can pre-order your set and you want to arrive just before the doors open, it should be a great idea to get your ticket but if you want to be in lineup all night long, i think you don't need the ticket.  If you want my opinion, buy your ticket and be ready for the conset pre-orders.  Also, try to pass a few hours with others collectors in the lineup, even if you have your ticket!
I already bought my ticket and i hope i will be able to pre-order my set.

www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

I fully agree with fellow Joss789. I remember that there was a time back until the last official Joe Meet (2008), that the lineup started at around 8am. And before that (2007) it was around 9am, I know because I was second in line with Pdaat and Grunt4mvp behind me that I actually met for the first time  :) .

With the Meets' crazy attendance in 2008 reaching the potential and size for a regular convention, the 2009 convention's set (first time ever set, past years' exclusives were offered as single figures) also helped raise the bar. In the 2009 convention, the lineup started before 3-4am, it was crazy!!! And freaking cold!!!! If I hadn't given my sleevless jacket to JoeNerd (who was credited as LatinMike by me on these boards ;D ), I think he would've left the lineup and miss out on the set. I also met Neodragonnight for the first time (lucky guy was smart to bring a camping chair to sleep through the cold morning!). In 2010, my group arrived a little later, but there were still some serious amount of people lined up in front of us. In 2011, the Canadian Convention team offered for purchase for the first time ever an online general admission to saturday' event that included the convention set. There was an early bird event on friday, but there was a 10$ admission fee which was not part of the pre-order rate. Anyway the online ticket w/convention set definitely helped me take advantage during the whole saturday. I was obviously already in the hotel for friday's early bird event, but on saturday, I was freshly rested and didn't need to lineup through the whole morning. 

Yep, so many good memories I retain from the lineup experience, and it'll never be quite the same each year. But as times go by and the canadian convention gains more popularity, pre-ordering a ticket and pre-registering will only help you enjoy the most of your convention day. Of course, there's always a few stresses here and there on our own end but that's all part of the convention magic.

Per instance, I always get the shakes when walking into the dealer hall. It's always exciting to walk into a place you have spent months and months imagining what the tables would look like.

Once pre-ordering a set becomes availalbe online, I strongly recommend that you secure yours as it will remove a bigger part of the stress, if you actually want to get the set that is. For now, it's only the ticket that is available for online purchasing, and from my own understanding It will give you access to both friday evening (early bird), and the whole day on saturday. If you are coming also to buy from the dealers, I therefore truly recommend the early bird experience.
2 + 2 = 22

smarchitelli

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »

My ticket arrived yesterday!

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »

My tickets arrived today.   :)

Got a question, it says Aug 10th 6:30 pm.  Does that mean I can't use it on Saturday?

Or, as long as I have the tickets, I can go Friday evening and also Saturday?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »

Got a question, it says Aug 10th 6:30 pm.  Does that mean I can't use it on Saturday?

Both days!

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »

Both days!

Thanks.  Thats a relieve.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

Both days!

Thanks.  Thats a relieve.

I'm glad you asked. I was just looking at my ticket and wondered about that as well.

My son is 6 now. Maybe this is the year that I take him. If do it will be for the Friday night meet. I don;t think he has a whole day in him.  ;)

BTW, I like how shiny the tickets are!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Slow Kick

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »

I'm relatively new to the convention scene: I'm not all that interested in the exclusive sets, I just want to casually drop in and pick up a few retail items maybe.

Can I just show up and pay the cover fee later in the day?

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »

I'm relatively new to the convention scene: I'm not all that interested in the exclusive sets, I just want to casually drop in and pick up a few retail items maybe.

Can I just show up and pay the cover fee later in the day?

Yes you can,  it will $15 at the door
Lurking