JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HASBRO Q&A - FALL 2008  (Read 7735 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
HASBRO Q&A - FALL 2008
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

It's that time again! Time for the fans to ask Hasbro YOUR questions!

However, there is a difference this time and the times going forward. Previously we only asked Hasbro Canada, but Hasbro USA has now decided to include Joecanuck in the Q&A sessions that they do with other big Joe sites (Like Joecustoms, Yojoe, etc).

Specifically Canadian Joe questions will still be answered by Hasbro Canada, as always.

So ask your Joe related questions! This thread will run until NOON on Nov 13th, at which time it will be locked, and we will vote on the questions. The 5 with the most votes will be sent to Hasbro on Nov 17th.

Ask away!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 05:26:30 PM by Anonymous »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: HASBRO Q&A - FALL 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:21:26 PM »

Will Canada be included in all chase figures like the clear Wraith variant?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 03:44:58 PM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »

Awesome!

- Will there be any way for the Canadian fans and collectors to get a 25th anniversary Doc, outside of eBay?

- Will any of the previously released US Exclusives (to Target, Toys R Us, etc.) be released in Canada?  for example, the classic style Rattler and Conquest, First-wave Senior Ranking Officers, Etc.

- Can we have any way of ordering English-only filecards for our figures?  Maybe a print-out mail-order form accompanying our bilingual sheets to be upgraded?

- Do you have any plans to rotate stock on Canadian shelves?  Sending up new waves of vehicle releases while previous waves are still on shelves?

- Has the fluctuating Canadian/US Exchange rate had any effect on Shipments to Canadian retailers - or, could it have any effect in the future?  Also, does the fluctuating exchange rate have any impact on Canadian pricing?

I guess that's all I got, right now.  I know Hasbro Canada touched on a few, but maybe Hasbro US might have different answers?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »

Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) was told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and others have all been waiting for HTS to finally start this. Can we please get a 100% honest and solid answer on WHEN items listed on HasbroToyShop.com will start shipping to Canada? We would like to spend our money, please let us.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

-When can we expect movie releases to hit the shelves?

-Until when can we expect the 25th anniversary to continue before the hiatus for movie merchandise?

-When Transformers hit cinemas, it lead wave after wave of movie tie-in merchandise. For those of us that can't wait to play GI Joe Risk while eating from a GI Joe lunch bag and wearing a gold Cobra pendant, what kind of non-toy releases can we look forward to?

-How are you?
Updated!

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
-How are you?

lol....nice!   :)

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »

The release of the "Transformers movie" say a lot of movie-styled figures released after the movie was long out of theatres and no longer relevant.  Highly anticipated figures such as the Animated and Classics had to be pushed back to allow more waves of 'movie-inspired' figures to come out.

Will this be the case for GI Joe?  Please don't push back the Resolute figs to keep milking the movie for half a year! :'(

Thanks, Hasbro Canada!  I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I really appreciate all that you do to keep us Canadian Joe fans happy.  It feels great to walk into a Zellers and buy some Joes instead of having to get them online.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »

Will we be seeing variant figures on Canadian card?

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »

I have the same question as Mike - HasbroToyShop.  Is it coming - yes or no?

Also International market (outside of the US) is it doing well enough to support International Versions/exlusives/Sticker sets etc.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:31:04 PM »

First off, thanks as always for making this possible.  You guys are awesome!!

#1) What thought process goes into deciding which case assortments make it to Canadian retail?  We recently saw Wave 4 '08 Revision 2 which consists of figures which have already been released in Canada, yet it appears we will not see Wave 5 '08 Revision 3 which contains figures that have never been released in the Canadian market (figures such as Flint, Firefly & Stalker.)

#2) We've yet to see any press photos of Wave 7 2008 or Wave 8 2008 on Canadian (International) cards, even though they've already been released in the US.  Can you confirm that we will see both of these waves at Canadian retail and perhaps give us an idea of when we can expect them on store shelves.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) was told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and others have all been waiting for HTS to finally start this. Can we please get a 100% honest and solid answer on WHEN items listed on HasbroToyShop.com will start shipping to Canada? We would like to spend our money, please let us.

Yes please!!!  No more BS answers.  They've been stringing us along for well over a year now, either they're going to do it or they're not....time for an honest answer.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"

Note that HTS is a completely separate arm of the company from who we are asking the questions to. The people that answer it might be able to dig up some information with a phone call, but I bet they won't be able to guarantee a 100% honest answer, because it's not something under their control.

I work for the government - but I can't lower your taxes or get your potholes filled. You can ask me about it, and I might be able to fish up an answer, but there's no way that I could get it done for you or make any authoritative statement on behalf of the people that are responsible for those things.

So cut em a break guys.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"