JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HASBRO ANSWERS TO THE FALL 2008 Q&A WITH JOECANUCK  (Read 11972 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: HASBRO ANSWERS TO THE FALL 2008 Q&A WITH JOECANUCK
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:17 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Oh, I don't know..... we should ask them one more last time in the next Q & A - something along the lines of "In the last JoeCanuck Q & A, you stated you would "follow up with HTS on this." - have you followed up and FINALLY, after 10 years of Canadians being shut out of purchasing from HTS have a solid definite answer as to WHEN they will start shipping to Canada?"

I mean, if we don't ask them to follow up in the next round of questions,  - then why ask at all?

Actually, if I have the time, I'll find the Q &A's from Snowtroopers, here and any other CND sites that have asked this question and include it as part of the question.

There's stuff I want on that site that I shouldn't have to ask others to get for me... and I'm not just talking GI Joe items.

I'm sorry but a follow up won't matter.  This has been ongoing for supposedly 10 years (I only know of about 5) and it hasn't changed.  I would rather not waste one of only 5 questions on a follow up question.  We all get it, they aren't going to do anything about it, otherwise they would have already.  Especially now that Christmas has come and gone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »

Ah, but last year they stated it would be starting in Spring. We haven't really asked them again until this most recent one where they stated they WILL contact them.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Ah, but last year they stated it would be starting in Spring. We haven't really asked them again until this most recent one where they stated they WILL contact them.

Sorry Mike, I may be cynical, but I think you are reading too much into their answers.  They are purposely vague to prevent any problem from a legal standpoint.  This is just more of the same and quite frankly I don't see them having any more answers next time.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 11:24:14 PM »

'm sorry but a follow up won't matter.  This has been ongoing for supposedly 10 years (I only know of about 5) and it hasn't changed.  I would rather not waste one of only 5 questions on a follow up question.  We all get it, they aren't going to do anything about it, otherwise they would have already.  Especially now that Christmas has come and gone.

I was asking Hasbro Canada reps ( iirc one was named Michelle Crispo) and Hasbro USA about this as far back at 1997--specifically regarding Action Man sets that were available on the website as it stood then.
The answer from Hasbro at that time was the same as it is now: "we'll look into it" or "it'll happen in 6 months" or " its coming next year". The question has apparently been asked at the annual GIJOE conventions, been put to brand managers like Derryl DePriest--all of whom I'm sure have tried their best to give a straight honest answer.

Its always been the same, and NOTHING as ever happened about it.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »

They might as well just say "HTS Canada is slated to open when Duke Nukem Forever comes out."
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

wow, I'd like to stay positive for a moment but there was a whole lot of either "no" or "we'll get back to you on that (i.e. probably wont happen in our lifetime)"

Sounds terrible.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
They might as well just say "HTS Canada is slated to open when Duke Nukem Forever comes out."

Hey now. At least the new Guns and Roses CD finally made it out.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.