JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Q&A With Hasbro Canada for the Convention  (Read 7514 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Q&A With Hasbro Canada for the Convention
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »

Just like last year, we're hosting a Q&A here with Hasbro Canada = which will be answered as part of their presentation at the Canadian Joe Convention on May 2nd

So, ask away! Please remember to keep your questions CANADIAN in content, as when it comes to the ins and outs of product development, etc, Hasbro Canada has little or no control/input in that regard.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Q&A With Hasbro Canada for the Convention
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »

Will there be any special Canada showing of the new movie?
  -  for example a special advanced screening in Hamilton for JoeCanuck members?

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »

I would guess that Hasbro Canada also has little to no access to the Joe Movie. 

Although based on a Hasbro property, the film is owned by Paramount.  If we had an actor or someone else from the movie coming as a guest, then it's possible that Paramount would allow them to bring something to view, but in these days of piracy (see the new Wolverine movie) there's no way they would show the entire film before its release date. 

still...it would be pretty kewl....
Wherever you go, there you are.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:32:52 AM »

Quote from: "Radio Guy"
I would guess that Hasbro Canada also has little to no access to the Joe Movie. 

Although based on a Hasbro property, the film is owned by Paramount.  If we had an actor or someone else from the movie coming as a guest, then it's possible that Paramount would allow them to bring something to view, but in these days of piracy (see the new Wolverine movie) there's no way they would show the entire film before its release date. 

still...it would be pretty kewl....
*coughStarTrekScreeningInTexascough* ;D

I can't think of a good question right now, as it's pretty late...  I'll think of a good one and come back later.  Thanks for giving us the chance to ask Hasbro some questions, guys!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »

1) I've heard of some great deals in the US where products like "The Ultimate Battle Pack" go on clearance just to get rid of old stock. Here in Canada we never even saw those items here. Why does Hasbro choose to sell off stock for pennies when they could easily move the older stock to Canadian stores like Zellers or Winners and make more profit?

2) Where is pack 5 of the DVD battle packs? There is 5 pieces in this set and they all join together to build a vehicle but without set 5 being released here in Canada many collectors will never be able to finish this set.

3) If there is old stock in the Canadian warehouses, is there any way Hasbro Canada could make a deal with one of our sponsors here at Joe Canuck so that they can have access to the leftover stock and be able to sell these items to us members at a discount?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:17:36 AM »

I can probably answer these ones right now Morg.

Quote from: "morgardee"
1) I've heard of some great deals in the US where products like "The Ultimate Battle Pack" go on clearance just to get rid of old stock. Here in Canada we never even saw those items here. Why does Hasbro choose to sell off stock for pennies when they could easily move the older stock to Canadian stores like Zellers or Winners and make more profit?

Once product leaves Hasbro's warehouse, it's up to the retailer what to sell an item for. If a retailer (Target) puts "The Ultimate Battle Pack" on clearance, then you will have to obtain it from them.

2) Where is pack 5 of the DVD battle packs? There is 5 pieces in this set and they all join together to build a vehicle but without set 5 being released here in Canada many collectors will never be able to finish this set.

In a recent Q & A with us, they stated "Yes, as Canada works through inventory, they will get to packs 3, 4, and 5." So I would assume that means Zellers and such need to sell off what they have first.

3) If there is old stock in the Canadian warehouses, is there any way Hasbro Canada could make a deal with one of our sponsors here at Joe Canuck so that they can have access to the leftover stock and be able to sell these items to us members at a discount?

They have the option to check the stock that Hasbro Canada has. Remember years ago when I bought all those cases of Spy Troops, and then sold the singles for about $5.00/$6.00 CND each. THOSE were on clearance with Hasbro Canada. So it's just up to the sponsors to get them if they want them. But last I heard, Hasbro Canada really doesn't have any overstock - besides the Armadillo / Chariot set. ;-)

Of course, I could be wrong on those, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on all 3.  :shifty:

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »

[/quote]
*coughStarTrekScreeningInTexascough* ;D

[/quote]

That was kewl, but Nimoy, the writers of the movie and one of the producers were in attendance.  Like I said, if someone connected with the flick were to come, then it would be a possibility.  Hasbro can't swing it themselves...any chance we can send a quick invite to Rachel Nichols or Sienna Miller? :)
Wherever you go, there you are.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:45:40 AM »

Not to continuously beat a dead horse since we never get a straight answer from either side, but it would be nice to push the Hasbro Toy Shop thing.  It seems they keep saying they are working on it but that answer  has been going on for 4+ years now.  We deserve better, I don't understand what is taking so long Hasbro obviously knows there is a market to ship to Canada since we keep asking.  :shifty:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »

It seems they keep saying they are working on it but that answer  has been going on for 4+ years now.  We deserve better, I don't understand what is taking so long Hasbro obviously knows there is a market to ship to Canada since we keep asking. 

Actually, its closer to about 12 years ( since at LEAST 1997), since Hasbro's previous on-line store incarnation(s) supplied the same answers regarding Canadian shipping.
So well over a decade of not being able ( for whatever reasons) to do this???

Sounds to me like there's just no genuine interest in doing it at--otherwise it would have happened already.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

I just say 4+ because thats when I sent them an email about product I tired to purchase.  Funny thing is you can sign up for an account  :shifty:  but you can't get things shipped here.   ::)  And they told me then the same thing they keep telling us now.  But man a freaking decade... >:( >:( >:(

Who do we gotta smack up side the head?  :lol:

Maybe someone should print out all the post complaining about this and give it to them.  ;D
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »

Quote from: "Lt Storm"
I just say 4+ because thats when I sent them an email about product I tired to purchase.  Funny thing is you can sign up for an account  :shifty:  but you can't get things shipped here.   ::)  And they told me then the same thing they keep telling us now.  But man a freaking decade... >:( >:( >:(

Who do we gotta smack up side the head?  :lol:

Maybe someone should print out all the post complaining about this and give it to them.  ;D

I think they know.
I think the reason they don't ship up here is because the actual numbers they get in terms of sales on GIJOE product say there's not enough interest.
I don't think they are getting enough people inquiring about GIJOE product up here, and the stores are not selling product fast enough to show really strong interest.
The stuff does eventually sell, but its not fast.
Some centres in Canada you can find "rare" product on the shelves still--I know in my AO you can.

When I look back over the past 10-15 years or so--GIJOE has been sold up here--but not a lot it it. Its just been the case every where I've been in Canada, and with every Canadian GIJOE collector I've conferred with over that time.

I think their hands are tied on this. They are choosing not to offer shipping up here until the customer base shows more interest, and even though they check those numbers hoping that the interest increases...it just doesn't. It makes no sense to set something up when its expected to take a loss, and a loss is certainly what they would take given how small the interest seems to be.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »

G.I. Joe has very little to do with why they haven't shipped here.

You can't get ANYTHING from the HTS site up here. Period.

I would LOVE to order things from there. But I don't because I refuse to pay double shipping - one to a U.S. friend, the other to me from him. It's pathetic. I'm done asking Hasbro about this as they obviously don't care enough to want our money.

You would think with the recession being what it is in the U.S. right now they would welcome outside money from another country.