JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What is your Holy Grail??  (Read 14163 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Holy Grail??
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »

Flagg would be Awesome, but how many of you guys display it?  That thing is Huge!  I would love to own one but I have no Ideal where to display it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »

The 2 pieces I hunted for and finally found was the Flagg and the Terror-Drome.  They weren't in perfect condition, they do show their age.  I have both of them displayed in my basement.

I found a guy on Kijiji who was selling his complete collection to buy an engagement ring for a girl he met on the internet.  I paid $70 for the Flagg, and I paid $70 for the Terror-Drome. I bought 17 other pieces from him at the same time.  He also threw in a copy of G.I. Joe #1, cause he had 2.  I got Larry Hama to sign it last year at CJC.

It took me a couple weeks to clean everything up and restore it.  When I finished unpacking the Flagg, I found a Mobile Command Center in the bottom of the box.  I already had one, so I took the best pieces of each to make one mint condition MCC.  I gave the left over one to my son for his collection.

The Flagg is sometimes a curse, because of where it is in my basement, my wife will walk and bump into it and I will have to set all the Joes up again.  But I wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Actually I'm thinking of selling all my 25th, ME, RoC, PoC stuff.. I'm tired of all those pricey modern exclusives! I'd rather spend my money on the vintage stuff.. Stay tuned and visit the 5h4rK's b/s/t list often.. :shifty:

I need the Walmart stuff from a year or two ago so if you are looking to unload them, let me know. The Cobra Bunker was one of them. I forget the rest.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Quote from: "5h4rK"
Actually I'm thinking of selling all my 25th, ME, RoC, PoC stuff.. I'm tired of all those pricey modern exclusives! I'd rather spend my money on the vintage stuff.. Stay tuned and visit the 5h4rK's b/s/t list often.. :shifty:
I need the Walmart stuff from a year or two ago so if you are looking to unload them, let me know. The Cobra Bunker was one of them. I forget the rest.

G.I. Joe Movie The Rise of Cobra Exclusive Heatseek Missile System
G.I. Joe Movie The Rise of Cobra Exclusive Laser Artillery Weapon
G.I. Joe Movie The Rise of Cobra Exclusive Surveillance Port
G.I. Joe Movie The Rise of Cobra Exclusive Outpost Defender

I paid alot to secure my set... Hopeful you get a deal!
Lurking

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:02:31 AM »

Yeah, those are the only ones that were hard to find and haven't showed up at ross/marshall's/tjmaxx (to my knowledge).

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »

Quote from: "garling23"
...i hope to one day get one and share it with one of my other holy grails, my son!

+1 to that!

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
if all goes well i could have my other holy grails soon:

just working on the details

:o lucky guy!  :P

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:02 PM »

For ages it was Star Duster and Steel Brigade Figures...finally got both over the last few Can Joe Cons.  Grabbed a complete '84 Rattler last year too.  I still have all my Joe stuff from when I was a kid, so now, it's just about getting the stuff that I wanted back then, but never got.  A Flagg would be kewl, but getting a complete boxed Tactical Battle Platform a couple of years ago was awesome too (and easier to display)!  Can't wait to see what i can pick up at this years con.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »

My holy grails were the things I never got as a kid...
The USS flagg, terror drome and defiant.
Now ive got them, but have no space for the flagg, so its boxed up in my closet.
I got the flagg off an old lady out in the country for $50.
(but had to pay $200 to complete it on Evilbay)
Still a pretty good deal.

Talon

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »

Multiple Grails

Flagg, Terror Drome, completing my damaged Defiant as a launch vehicle for the Crusader, complete Defiant, Crusader, completing my incomplete MCC

other red flag items: a 3rd Defiant to be converted to Python scale, a Voltron Castle of Lions to be converted to a modern Silent Castle, the Star Wars Episode 1 Royal Starship as a Destro Aircraft.

Here's hoping I win the lottery someday
check out www.talonsnest.com/pix for a few of my customs (more to come)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »

I had my main big HOLY GRAIL piece but parted with it, and that was a serious MISTAKE that I will never repeat again with my other holy grails. It was the Defiant, although I only had Payload minus the backpack. I will get this again one day...

My remaining Holy grails are:

Cobra Commander v.1.5 (it just ain't Cobra without the Commander w/Dome face plate)
Star Duster in loose C10 shape (seriously, already that this character is well sought, mine is in perfect shape)
Hammerhead w/ driver complete (I just love vehicles that can split up in several small vehicles, this is perhaps the culminating form of that type of vehicle IMO though not entirely perfect, but sure beats the crap out of 25th and later stuff out there in this specific category)
Cobra Bugg (I just think this is one of the vehicles that is best for the compact interior compartments concept combined with diversified playvalue. Plus that Bugg has one of the more curious and bulky forms but don't let that fool you: it is ingeniously worked around in the smaller details if you have a chance to hold one in your hands)
TerrorDrome (the ultimate Cobra piece IMO. Doesn't matter if you're an army builder or not, this is the ultimate "Barbie house" for your Cobra forces)

And especially,

1988 Light Foot (that figure means everything to me because it represents what I love so much in general: science fiction, military, primary colours, holographic effects...Madelman!!!!)
2 + 2 = 22

gunghoeddie

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »

good question this, for me the holy grail is everything i have in the collection as i only collect from the era of my childhood which is what makes it for me.
i can go and forget i'm an adult with bills to pay and work hassle and be a child again it doesn't hurt anyone and it makes me happy, it also has opened new doors to meet people i would never of met and to be part of something world wide talking to you guys and finding out and seeing how different but yet universal our hobby is, for me that is the holy grail.

and the mint in box action force stuff is pretty cool too  :wink: