JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New GI Joe toyline in the works!!!!  (Read 2831 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
New GI Joe toyline in the works!!!!
« on: November 04, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »

So over on Hisstank they are reporting that artist Furio Tedeschi is working as a freelance production artist for their new toyline.

Obviously with a new movie in production a toyline was all but inevitable.  However it is nice to have some hard evidence.  Can't wait to see what they come up with.  Hopefully the vehicles are a better offering than last two me.

Either way it will be great to see Joe on the shelves once again.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New GI Joe toyline in the works!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »

Ohh I news of a new toyline!! What a time to come back and check things out.

To be quite honest while I love seeing new toys I won't be getting any of them (maybe).

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:02:52 AM »

6 inch is on the way!!!!!!

So based on reporting from Hisstank we are getting a 6 inch line this year.

The good(?) news is that Walmart is carrying them in the States, so hopefully here as well.  The bad news is that the price point is $19.87(US) meaning we can expect Star Wars Black Series pricing up here.  So minimum $30, but maybe even $35 each.  OUCH!!

Can't wait to see what they look like at Toyfair this year.  I know I say to myself they will be too expensive, bit honestly I will cave on some for sure.   As long as they are based on the ARAH style.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 04:04:09 PM »

I'm happy to see Gijoe but I won't be getting them. bigger scale is not for me.
I would  love to see some discussion here from those of you who are getting them. I'm not on any other site and don't intend to move to any other.

$30 a figure is WAY to high a price for me. The whole collecting of figures is getting too pricey, I don't know about the rest of you but my wage hasn't kept up.

Still if anyone spots them in Canada let me know. Always like to browse Toys R Us if they end up there.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 09:47:54 AM »

I'm hoping they are actually $30 and not more.  Especially given the current pricing at Walmart of the Star Wars Black Series.

From the first pics I like all 4.  Snake Eyes is great.  Roadblock is nice, but not a fan of the gold on his legs, or his sci-fi gun.  Scarlett looks awesome, especially her face.  Duke looks good, but conversely I don't like his head sculpt.

Overall it definitely looks like the line will take a more updated style, think fortnite/Overwatch.  Hopefully it does well and they can introduce "classic" ARAH looks down the line.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »

I saw the pictures.

Snake Eyes looks good. I maybe one of the few but I would have preferred his commando version 1 helmet. Obviously the accessories included work good with the visor look but I much prefer my snake eyes as a soldier/commando first and ninja second.

Duke kind of reminds me of a blond David Boreanaz in the official release images. Looks pretty good otherwise except for the gun. I don't know. It looks like they're trying to mix classic figure look, Sunbow cartoon (laser weapons) and the live action movies into one figure and I just don't know how I feel about it....

I agree with your comments on Roadblock. Stupid gun. Guy looks mean and imposing. Still prefer the version 1 look but I get it.

Scarlett figure looks good however I'm not a fan of the card art (what is Reba McEntire doing on there!). The body armour on her is the only figure that I think the armour actually works well. The others I think would be better without the armour.
I wasn't that enamored with Scarlett's original look so I think I like this better. Nice head sculpt.

I agree a "classics" version with appropriate weapons and accessories would be better.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:28:39 PM by B »

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 04:24:59 PM »

Jada Toys is going to be doing two different size classes of diecast vehicles!!!!!

The larger scale will start with a HISS and VAMP.

The smaller "Nano" scale will have 3 waves to start.

Wave 1-. HISS, VAMP (pic is MK1) but they showed MK2 & Snowcat

Wave 2- Mobat, Stinger and Skystriker

Wave 3- Night Raven, Silver Mirage motorcycle and Dragonfly.

Can't wait!!!  Smaller scale means more room to display.  Hopefully this line does well.