JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2015 SDCC exclusive GI JOE Kreo sets. Sgt. Slaughter's Marauders  (Read 8389 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile

As seen here:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=24900

Have to say, Kreo is really doing justice to the ARAH brand.  The price is pretty damn good for an exclusive as well.  $50 for 12 figures and the Triple T!!!!

Anyone out there still collecting Kreo, or has the piss poor availability in Canada all but killed it for you?  Love how well the Triple T turned out though.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 SDCC exclusive GI JOE Kreo sets. Sgt. Slaughter's Marauders
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 01:05:51 AM »

I have everything but the Night Force con set but I can't get excited about this set since they're no news on more upcoming stuff. What's with having pimp daddy Destro in there? Why not IG Destro? I might pick this set up if the price doesn't get jacked up too much. Is it gonna be on the Hasbro site for sale?

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »

I love the packaging. I wish all the vehicles were done this way. That being said, by the time any of us imports this it will probably be well over $100. That puts me out of the running, unfortunately.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 04:09:02 PM »

I picked this up at sdcc this year, both kreo and 3 3/4 set were still available by shows end.  The 3 3/4 set sucked and the box was waaaay too huge to transport though the packing was nice.  But the Kreo set was nice and compact and had great packaging.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »

I bought the Gentle Giants Mico 2 pack off ebay. It was $35 (USD) so the price didn't seem bad. After import, shipping and currency conversion it cost me over $70.00.

It was not worth it.

I was unimpressed by the micro figures. The don't have an articulation. I didn't find out about that until after I purchased them. I was thinking it would be funny to have micro Joes invade my wife's Assassin Creed sets she has over her PC but nope. Boring statues.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »

So the Kreo set is available on HTS. $93.74 to Canada before exchange (including shipping and tax). I don't think I can do it.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:38:37 PM »

I bought the Gentle Giants Mico 2 pack off ebay. It was $35 (USD) so the price didn't seem bad. After import, shipping and currency conversion it cost me over $70.00.

It was not worth it.

I was unimpressed by the micro figures. The don't have an articulation. I didn't find out about that until after I purchased them. I was thinking it would be funny to have micro Joes invade my wife's Assassin Creed sets she has over her PC but nope. Boring statues.

I looked more closely into those since they didn't seem to have weapons and discovered they weren't articulated either and passed. I'll likely pass on the big ones as well. Kinda pissed they sell a Grunt at SDCC and haven't shipped the other ones on preorder for months. No thanks.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

I couldn't resist.... I bought the Cobra Scythe Skystriker :-) It was $65 (USD) on eBay + shipping. I can't wait to get it!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:37:25 PM by martin-montreal »

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »

Just the jet, or the whole set?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »

Just the jet, or the whole set?

Just the jet. I'm a Skystriker fan :-)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »

I was meaning to do a review on the Crimson Strike set but it never happened. The short review in the AVAC pilot feels like he should be part of the Canadian Convention sets. It's all black with some well placed highlights. I totally fits in with the Cobra Troopers.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.