JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HI$$TANK.COM  (Read 34203 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: HI$$TANK.COM
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
take away thier revunue sources and theyll be gone

Um...........

Do you realize that you are threatening someone's livelihood because you do not like their website........something which you are neither beholden to use nor need to have any traffic in??

Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, and think about what you are proposing.
Is it fair, in ANY respect, to ruin someone's business because you do not like how its run?
Might be time to invoke some common sense.

Why not just not patronize or acknowledge them at all, and let them carry on as they please?
If they badly manage their site and forums, people and advertisers will leave of their own accord.

Fomenting that, or seeking to "get rid of them" makes those that do not like them as BAD as they claim the managers of Hisstank to be.

After all, will it cost you anything if they continue to operate??
Somehow..........I think not.........

Who makes a living off an internet bulletin board site?

And this "protest" is simply applying HISS-tank's own policies to them on other boards. How could that possibly be considered unfair? Yes, it makes us "as bad as they are" but it's only reciprocity, and nothing more.

I think I read somewhere something about "doing on to others as you would have them do on to you." You can't have it both ways - you can't hoard traffic and still expect others to send traffic to you.

As Mike said, a policy like that is bad for the community, bad for the hobby, and bad for the relationships between the people that run the sites. 

:chicken:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:07:31 AM by Raptor »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Moodslime

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.moodslime.com
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »

Sadly Ignorance is STILL ignorance, no matter how you present it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Should I sign it?\"
\"You have to.\"
\"Signed: ... Who should I put?\"
\"You\'re supposed to put yourself.\"
\"Really? Everyone has been putting me.. wow all these years... I\'ve been famous!\"
\"{Siiigghh} YOU SIGN IT!\" YOU: The Aforementioned Signer.\"
\"Who?\"

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »

I would say taking the high road is the best thing to do with this. However, you can argue that the high road would be to just get in touch with the sponsors and let them know whats going on. Not to shut them down but to affect change.

A simple email to a sponsor could go a long way because Hi$$ makes their sponsors look bad with their behavior.

"Dear *insert sponsors name*

I'm a visitor of the Hisstank website that you sponsor and I was wondering if you or the other sponsors had asked them to only link sponsored sites to their website? "

Then proceed to tell them what has been going on and suggest that the Mod's behavior reflects poorly on them too.

Just a suggestion. :)

jamarmiller

• View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2008, 09:44:32 AM »

I think you guys said it all , I dont feel like I have anything to add to a response concerning Arrows post.

Im going to go and laugh at his comon sense comment now.

thanks guys
LONG LIVE THE RED SHADOWS

Lt Storm

• View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »

Everyone has a point in what they are saying.  Bad business is bad business, bad business practices are bad business practices, people talk and word spreads. 
I run a rental shop and deal with homeowners/contractors/farmers on a daily basis.  There are other businesses "competition" or not that have a bad name.  I get people talking bad about them all the time, when I have to refer them to someone else its their choice.  I've also had run-ins with people who I know talk bad about me (mostly cause they were idiots and didn't want to admit it  :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »

Post a thread informing people about www.canadianjoecon.com - I'm sure they'll ban you quick enough. LOL.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »

Hey that's a good idea.  :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Dr.Mind

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »

I'm a new poster here but have been around the block a few times and I hate to burst bubbles but I don't think any of this is really hurting HT. First these methods and tactics you all are complaining about are the exact same ones they have been using for years on their Transformers site 2005 and it's one of the biggest Transformer sites on the net. Sponsors aren't going to care as long as they get traffic from their ads and most people don't care that much either. I haven't noticed any significant decline in traffic to HT since this all began. The only difference now is people go around posting things like over at  that "other site" instead of the actual name but it's not keeping people from running over their and checking their news, and I hate to break this to you but if you go over there regardless of if you post there or not you are contributing to their traffic. This stuff has been going on a long time and no one from Hasbro, to sponsors or readers have really cared all that much and in all honestly the result from where they stand seems to have paid off for them so I think sadly all this talk of boycotts and what have you is for not.

jamarmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2008, 02:44:35 AM »

Tfwww 2005 does not have the same rules been a member this much much longer and never had a problem over there

Dr.Mind

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008, 02:56:36 AM »

Well it's the same guy using the same tactics, but the fact that you use that site and seem to have been oblivious to it kinda makes my point.

jamarmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »

But see its NOT the same tactics you can post links to other sites NO problem, TFW2005.com allows it no problem

dont take my word for it, contact them yourselfs or you can check joebattlelines and see OTHER posters say the same thing ( who are members of both)

Are they the same PERSON? Im pretty sure Destro who runs the site is different from the other guys at Tfw2005.com

are they affilitated? yes that is certain but im not for sure its the same guy ( I COULD BE WRONG)

but even if its the same guy, they dont use the same tactics on both boards

so whatever you point was, its still not made with the TFW2005.COM example

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:55 AM »

Tony B is one of the TFW2005 (if not THE guy) guys that runs TFW2005. He is also on HT, but I think Fran (aka DESTRO) is THE guy at HT and runs it. They are friends, and I think Tony B is helping Fran out. That is my understanding.

As for the link issue, I think jamarmiller is right. I believe TFW2005 does allow links. Just not sure to what extent.