JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HI$$TANK.COM  (Read 34167 times)

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Re: HI$$TANK.COM
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »

I've never heard of Hi$$tank before.

I'm not going to START going there now...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

danielb

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 04:22:05 AM »

What is hilarious is that all of this started because they hate free awesome news letters.

General Scarlett

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 07:58:18 AM »

Annnnnd we have a 'winnna'......the latest 'declaration' from the ' `BS` Tank'.....

*once again, props to 'CrimsonGuardVet76' over @ 'Tri-State Vipers'*

In fact, to further clarify our non-desire to restrict anything, and just make sure this community is strong, and threads are useful and relevant, I am going to do 2 things right now.

1. A "PIMP YOUR STUFF" thread. You can link to any site, related to G.I. Joe's, for any reason. Their non-news updates, their non-news content, their saying that they think the color red is awesome. Whatever you want.

Again, news and new-content based info, reviews by personal fans, are allowed to be referenced in their own threads already.

The Non-Hisstank website update and resources thread.

2. A Deals and Coupons thread, for stores other than sponsors. Sponsors are needed to keep larger websites running, look at any of the others and you will see that. But to counter act any "OMG they are restricting my freedomz!" type feelings, you can use that thread to find and discuss any deal from any store on the internet.

The Official G.I. Joe Deals and Coupons Thread

That keeps those things contained, so that there aren't 100 pimp my stuff threads clogging up the forum list, and regular Hisstankers, or lurkers, can have that resource.

If that doesn't quell any of this communist accusation BS, I dunno what will.

It's really that last line that's the *most* special, inn't it?   ::)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »

So everything NON-HISS will get thrown into one big thread? Yeah, that's a great "solution"  ::)
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

General Scarlett

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »

'Kay, so I just went 'there' to see what's what....and this is the 'header post' of the 'new sub-forum'....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you run, or visit, another GI Joe based website, or website with GI Joe content, and you would like to alert the community to something there, feel free to use this thread to do so.

This is for non "Ground Breaking" topics, such as their content updates, site redesigns, newsletters, archive udpates, etc.

If what you are posting is "News", aka, something the fandom hasn't seen before, or it is "additional info" for an already ongoing topic here, you can still post new threads and/or respond to threads with external links.

This is for pimping, or referencing non-super-new content.

Why are we doing this? Because we don't want threads popping up every time another site updates with content either already here at Hisstank, or elsewhere in the fandom, just because that particular site decided to put it up. It clogs up the forum thread listing, and generally does nothing to build the community here. But, as a resource to the fans, you can scan this thread for something you may have missed, and see that other sites exist.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 09:34:35 AM »

Quote from: "General Scarlett"
'Kay, so I just went 'there' to see what's what....and this is the 'header post' of the 'new sub-forum'....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you run, or visit, another GI Joe based website, or website with GI Joe content, and you would like to alert the community to something there, feel free to use this thread to do so.

This is for non "Ground Breaking" topics, such as their content updates, site redesigns, newsletters, archive udpates, etc.

If what you are posting is "News", aka, something the fandom hasn't seen before, or it is "additional info" for an already ongoing topic here, you can still post new threads and/or respond to threads with external links.

This is for pimping, or referencing non-super-new content.

Why are we doing this? Because we don't want threads popping up every time another site updates with content either already here at Hisstank, or elsewhere in the fandom, just because that particular site decided to put it up. It clogs up the forum thread listing, and generally does nothing to build the community here. But, as a resource to the fans, you can scan this thread for something you may have missed, and see that other sites exist.

The problem with that is the newsletter does have new news from time to time, like the International figure card backs or the interview with Larry Hama. Do they even read the newsletter? It's not just guys saying "I remember playing with Snow Job in a big snow bank as a kid" or things like that. The newsletter is a free resource to everyone, that covers a variety of subjects.

Really, I think the damage is done, and nothing short of a full apology to all other fan groups (not just Joe Canuck) will settle things down. It would also help if they admit  they need to re-think how they perceive fandom in general.

Looking on the positive side of things, wow! I'm very impressed with how the community has all come together on this one. I know all the message boards have members that go between more then one group. I myself mainly post here, but I'm fairly active on the MC boards and a lurker on JoeCustoms. It's just great to see how we all have each others backs on this one. We really are one big family.

Thanks guys!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »

I freely admit this is being spiteful....

In the future, they should be told to refrain from using anything in the newsletter, or the website, that is NEWS.  They chose this path and now should live by it. 

If you guys get news in your newsletter, then too bad HT, you can't link or use that news.  "YOUR" members will have to go to another site to get the news.

Ok, no more being spiteful.  (Honest!  ;D)

wudstar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »

As a sidebar (slightly off topic), I showed this thread to my wife (she's an avid boards poster, but not on Joe sites), and she read about our situation on a LOTR fan site, and they weren't using HI$$ for the spelling, but rather a phrase for being drunk that rhymes with the name of the offending site.  I won't sink to writing it here.

Wudstar

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

Quote from: "wudstar"
As a sidebar (slightly off topic), I showed this thread to my wife (she's an avid boards poster, but not on Joe sites), and she read about our situation on a LOTR fan site, and they weren't using HI$$ for the spelling, but rather a phrase for being drunk that rhymes with the name of the offending site.  I won't sink to writing it here.

Wudstar

What? You're telling me a non-Joe site is talking about this situation as well?

Please feel free to post a link to that LOTR site.

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »

So these guys will happily scoop you on posting announcements from a Canadian Joe Meet run by Joecanuck founders and moderators, but they won't let you post links to Joecanuck.

Self-serving nature seems pretty obvious.

wudstar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »

What? You're telling me a non-Joe site is talking about this situation as well?

Please feel free to post a link to that LOTR site.
[/quote]

My mistake, she was looking at LOTR customs on Joecustoms.com that someone had linked to from one of her boards

Wudstar

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »

I'm am really sorry to hear that this situation has had to happen. I've had numerous incidents over posting links (to relevant news provided to THEM) at said site of discussion here and have had my hand slapped each time. I was under the assumption we were a community as a whole out to share information. I guess some people just don't get it. And I knew that this kind of thing was going to happen sooner or later. At least a positive thing has come out of it, the community as a whole has been brought together on a united front.

With that said, I'm not here to "pimp", but to extend a welcome to you guys to post any information, including announcements about your newsletter at The Terror Drome (www.theterrordrome.com). It's open invitation to all of you.

One final thing, I have to say, anybody from a country that can provide Tim Horton's to another is alright in my book. ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:06:30 PM by Wild Weasel »