JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: HI$$TANK.COM  (Read 34136 times)

wudstar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: HI$$TANK.COM
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:12 PM »

Quote from: "wudstar"
As a sidebar (slightly off topic), I showed this thread to my wife (she's an avid boards poster, but not on Joe sites), and she read about our situation on a LOTR fan site, and they weren't using HI$$ for the spelling, but rather a phrase for being drunk that rhymes with the name of the offending site.  I won't sink to writing it here.

Wudstar

Oops, I should have verified before i posted, the other name for HI$$ was my wife's creation
sorry for adding fuel to the fire
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »

No worries Wudstar, thanks for clearing it up.

Welcome aboard Weasel, feel free to post whatever you'd like on your news page about JoeCanuck.com and the newsletter!

Just to update something I saw at JoeCustoms tonight:

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewto ... 10#p139356

Quote from: "carnage717"
Well after Tony's never ending backpedaling yesterday it looks like they cant even keep their word for one day. Early this morning I was checking their Forums and I noticed someone posted a link to TNI that showed that In Package pics to the Ghost Hawk and Cobra Stinger. He even posted the link to TNI in his post. Now before this Hisstank has not had any In package pics which means that since TNI got them first then the link should have been allowed to remain since they got scooped on the pics. So I figured I would bookmark the thread just to see what happens. I noticed that Hisstank now has 2 threads on their front page talking about the in package pics and the threads posted were created almost 6 hours after the one with the TNI link was posted. So now I go back to check the bookmark to thread with the TNI link in it and it has now been completely changed. The link to the to TNI has been erased and replaced with a link to the Hisstank Front Page and the in-package pics that were originally posted on TNI have been uploaded to their server and are posted in that thread. Just goes to show you that you cant trust anything that comes out of their mouth.

Also, out of curiosity, I checked that site today, and I got lost. I couldn't find this new thread that people are talking about - where all non HT stuff goes in. So I gave up. I see the owner did ask that if I wish to speak to him, I can sign up and PM him. How nice... I don't see why I should have to sign up to a site to see images or just to contact someone. I'm content with how things are, so if he wants to speak to me, he can - and he doesn't have to join JoeCanuck to do so. email@joecanuck.com works just fine.

...and just so we're up to speed, I've seen links/mentions on all these message board/news sites thusfar, so kudos to each of you, and thank you.

Army4One.com
BloodForTheBaron.com
JoeCanuck.com
JoeBattleLines.com
JoeCustoms.com
JoeDios.com
ToyNewsI.com
TriStateVipers.com
YoJoe.com

I know there are other sites out there, and if I missed any, please let me know ASAP. Some haven't posted anything about this, but I think that could be because some of them are 'waiting' to see what comes out of this before claiming who they'd like to support. That's their right, and I fully respect it... but in the meantime, if YOU feel like posting links to this thread on those sites that currently have no mention of it, please feel free to do so. Just be sure to come back here and toss that referral link in this thread so we can add it to the list. .

Thanks again guys, I haven't seen any other community of collectors come together on anything like the way all of us Joe Fans have done this week.

- Mike
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:42:21 PM by Anonymous »

General Scarlett

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »

Mike, if you *really* want it, I can supply you with that thread (and all 3 posts listed on it as of my typing)

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 12:54:21 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Welcome aboard Weasel, feel free to post whatever you'd like on your news page about JoeCanuck.com and the newsletter!

- Mike

Thanks. I will do my best to help promote JoeCanuck!

Jason
(aka Wild Weasel)

Captain Tomorrow

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »

I think we should start a boycott against Hisstank.com. I know most people here hate them, plenty of other sites hate them, so I think we should all work together and just boycott them altogether until they change their policies. Who's in?
Great Duos come in threes

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »

Quote from: "Captain Tomorrow"
I think we should start a boycott against LINK REMOVED. I know most people here hate them, plenty of other sites hate them, so I think we should all work together and just boycott them altogether until they change their policies. Who's in?

You're a little late.  :wink:

What do you think all these threads on the various sites mentioned is about?
It's not that we hate them, hate is a strong word and that's not what this is about.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

You have a cool site there Wild Weasel I'm gonna have to visit it later when I have more time and add it to my list.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2008, 04:59:12 PM »

Quote from: "Lt Storm"
You have a cool site there Wild Weasel I'm gonna have to visit it later when I have more time and add it to my list.

Thanks, just trying to give back to the community. Still have some things to address with it, and still have some features we are looking to push out soon hopefully.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »

lurking at 'site-who-must-not-be-named'...ceased.  Never posted there, but occasionally checked it out. 
It's moved down a notch on my list now.  It currently stands at notch zero. 
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Moodslime

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.moodslime.com
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

GEEZ! I can't believe I missed this stuff this week!

I can't believe all this garbage still goes on. I also thought that Bacula had fallen off the map. Didn't know he was doing "HIS STANK"  site. I am glad I never joined there. The YoJoe support is great ta boot! What an awesome Community support!

Actually I don't really say much here anyways... mostly just lurk...
\"Should I sign it?\"
\"You have to.\"
\"Signed: ... Who should I put?\"
\"You\'re supposed to put yourself.\"
\"Really? Everyone has been putting me.. wow all these years... I\'ve been famous!\"
\"{Siiigghh} YOU SIGN IT!\" YOU: The Aforementioned Signer.\"
\"Who?\"

jamarmiller

• View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

what we need to do is contact the sponsors and directly ask them to spop sponsoring the tank. EVERY BOARD needs to do this
LONG LIVE THE RED SHADOWS

jamarmiller

• View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2008, 07:56:37 PM »

im proudly being banned by hisstank!!

I posted some news  on hisstank  and they changed the source to something else ( but still credited me )  and when I changed it back.................

well and this is the messages in Reverse order that I got from them LOL

here is my message to destro

you need to get your story straight, you have NO IDEA where I got this info

please delete my account here, I dont want to be a part of anything that has anything do to with this site and I will be discussing this on other boards ( EVERY board )

I have business dealings with Panini ( current ) and that is how I got my info NOT deviant art or his blog

you need to get your story straight first

im tired of your pathetic little crap that you pull and evey joe site out there will know it for sure!

get ready for more!

your messages has been copied and will be pasted

Proud to say I been banned from Hisstank

Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO
If you Discuss PM's on any other board or in public it will be in violation of the forums rules and subject to instant Ban.

Again we linked directly to the Artist Make sure you get your story correct when you tell it.

Destro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller
my source was a different person and place so you assuming deviant art was the original source was your own assumptions and incorrect.

Ill be discussing this on the other joe boards

thank you for your e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO
Whats up Jamarmiller

Just wanted to let you know that the original source for the information was posted on our forums.

Please do not remove this link. I know you are fully aware of the linking police. If you have any other question about this issue do not post them on the board PM me directly.

Thanks again

Destro
LONG LIVE THE RED SHADOWS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9