JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: will there be a limit on the sets?  (Read 10805 times)

narceron

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: will there be a limit on the sets?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »

I'm down for some mario cart, for sure.

I'm having this vision of 2000 people showing up for the con, might need shotguns, no wait, thats 2000 zombies, hmm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

Quote from: "narceron"

I'm having this vision of 2000 people showing up for the con, might need shotguns, no wait, thats 2000 zombies, hmm.

I would not be shocked by this.  You guys might have created a bit of a monster with these hiss tanks.  Lots of people are drooling over them, and the fact that they're going to be limited to 100 will make them go from drooling to rabid.  You might want to bring a sedative for the 101st guy in line. 

narceron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 12:57:47 AM »

Quote from: "roshan"
Quote from: "narceron"

I would not be shocked by this.  You guys might have created a bit of a monster with these hiss tanks.  Lots of people are drooling over them, and the fact that they're going to be limited to 100 will make them go from drooling to rabid.  You might want to bring a sedative for the 101st guy in line. 

or back to the shotgun.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:16 AM »

ya, Im sort of worried also of the potential chaos of pushing and shoving and people cutting into line, how will the distribution be handled?  Are the sets given out at the door or is it going to be a mad rush of people shoving and running to get to a table inside.  Is there going to be gates or something to help keep a sembelance or a line or is it going to be a mosh pit?
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of the first in line around 4 am (given that I am coming from so far away and dont want to miss out).  I could pass out numbers when people show up.  That way there's no cutting or fighting once the guys for the con show up and everyone jockeys for position. 

I'd also be up for bringing some stuff with to pass out as freebies to the people who just missed the cut (like 101-105 or whatever).  It could be door prizes for the unlucky. 

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »

I just got home from a 2 hour meeting with the Convention Centre, and security is one of the things we talked about.

So there's no need to worry guys. We have security - the Convention Centre Security, and I already signed off on giving them permission to kick anyone out of the building that's misbehaving. ANYONE caught pushing or shoving will not be allowed access to the event much less get a con set.

There will be a strict guideline for entry when the doors open. If anyone deters from the instructions given that morning, consider yourself out of luck. Sorry to play the "prick" card here - but I'm serious. I don't care if you're a stranger, or someone I've known for 10 years. Everyone will have to abide by it.  It'll be a fun day if we all play nicely! :-)

Some people won't get the Convention Set. Just know that when you get in line. That's unavoidable, we WILL run out.

Thanks.
Mike

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »

strict is good, Ive lined up for other simple things like a movie (lord of the rings) and there were so many a-holes trying to cut in and pushing people out of the way it was so stupid
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
strict is good, Ive lined up for other simple things like a movie (lord of the rings) and there were so many a-holes trying to cut in and pushing people out of the way it was so stupid

I can't speak for THE Mike but if I see anyone pushing or trying to cut in line, or holding a place for their buddy then I think they should get kicked out. There is no need for any of that. If your in line for 1 1/2 hours early and you have to step out to hit the bathroom then fine, that makes sense. But none of this holding a spot for your friend who shows up 20 mins before the event starts.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:29 PM »

THE Mike, you aren't playing the "prick" card, you are playing the "smart, civilized" card.

I used to manage a movie theatre and lineups for "event" movies were always the worst.  As morgardee mentioned, people would show up at the last minute and cut in with friends.  I remember one woman said I ruined her daughter's birthday because I wouldn't let 10 of them cut in with 1 friend in line.  For some reason people become a-holes in these situations and civility goes out the window in favour of "I want what I want."

PLEASE, PLEASE keep the "friend is holding my spot" crap from happening.  I know you are going to be going in about 1000 different directions so I wish you all the luck. 

I'm sure most people will understand that there needs to be STRICT supervision and no opportunities for "antics."  However we all know there is almost always 1 person who doesn't get it.

A suggestion might be someone just talking to the people every 10 minutes or so explaining the rules & consequences.  I know you'll be making announcements constantly, but I thought I might offer up a suggestion rather than just opining.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »

If I wasn't going to bring my son and 2 of his friends, I'd be there by 5am.....
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

thatcarlguy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"

I work at a movie theater and it was like this for that Twilight movie. People were behaving like rapid animals. I have never seen women behave so badly in my life...it was horrible. I had to kick people out, move people to the back of the line etc. I didn't want to babysit.