JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hello from London Terrordrome!  (Read 2562 times)

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Hello from London Terrordrome!
« on: April 14, 2009, 03:01:46 AM »

Hey there, I am new to the site but I have been collecting Joes for a long time! When I was a kid in the 70s my older brother had a big box of 12" inch Joes including the helicopter and the six wheeled tomb raiding vehicle. I especially liked Bullet Head and Steve Austin! My parents decided to give them away one day because my brother (7 years older than me) knew I really liked them and he was being a jerk so he told my folks that he didn't want them anymore. 30 years later and I am still hooked on Joes. I was still young enough to enjoy Real American Hero the original 13 and season 2 and the first 50 comics but after the movie I started to lose interest. I didn't like Cobra La (their battle cry is uber-lame) and the way they had strayed away from the original characters too much. At least Hasbro seems to heave learned from that with Optimus Primes and Duke now always being used in new shows. (After Sgt. Savage they must have learned that lesson for real.) I now have a massive collection, but I still never could replace my 'Rosebud' the 12" ones I used to have. (Even if I could afford to buy them now the elastics inside are all disintegrated, so I would need repros, which would have the same design flaw eventually.) Oh well, nice to meet some other people with the same problem I have! Yo Joe!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from London Terrordrome!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »

Welcome on the board! Are you coming to the Joe con May 2 in Hamilton?

Martin

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »

Oh definitely! I will be there early to kumite with everyone for a convention set.. I'm bringin my signature butterfly knives!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:37:50 PM »

Quote from: "GOLD5"
Oh definitely! I will be there early to kumite with everyone for a convention set.. I'm bringin my signature butterfly knives!

There's Security. I suggest you don't.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »

Just a joke, my man! I made a crack about it in the other thread already! I'm getting there at 4 am..