JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Lanard Corps toys  (Read 5655 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Lanard Corps toys
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

Yes, you read it right. I recently acquired in a lot a few Lanard items. About 20 figures, and 4-5 small sized vehicles, all complete.

The real question is: is there a site that catalogs ALL the variants? The figures I got are all painted in neutral army colors, as opposed to some of the brightly colored releases. Are the more realistic ones more desirable amongst the collector community (if Corps figures are popular at all that is)? They are all in great like-new shape, and I heard that a few customizers like these Corps figures on the cheap side to use on their creations.

I'm looking into selling them maybe at 5$ each at a local event. Is that too much asking you think?

Anyhow, I'll post a picture tonight of everything.

Thanks!

LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Lanard Corps toys
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:47:46 AM »

The "much waited" pics  :P

2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »

I don't know about rare ones, but since no one has responded, I think 5 is a fair starting point IMHO. Some are kinda cool. I like their version of the Fang.
I've come across most, if not all, of those in past lots and finds, so I don't think there is anything rare, but having the accessories can't be common.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »

Thanks for the good imput Grunt.

There were actually other joe-like toys in this lot. I'll post more pictures of figures and accessories I got but to be honest I don't know what toyline they are from otherwise I would've found already a website that has them all listed. I also got in that same lot a playset that looks like an urban battleground with damaged building facades and infrastructures, two identical large fighter jets with folding wings and retractable landing gear, and a HUGE and very realistic Apache copter (THAT i am definitely keeping).

Joe-wise, my scores are as follows

Manta complete
Halo complete
Ripcord complete (the guy told me that Ripcord came as a mail-in with the Halo parachute, is this possible?)
Zartan with Swampskier complete
MBT Mauler missing the whole engine inside
Shark with Deep Six complete
A bunch of accessory pack weapons that are always welcome for customs

And I even got a load of vintage Star Wars accessories, and those I've been able to confirm that they are not reproductions.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:31:00 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »

Here is another Corps figure with mini vehicle  that I forgot to take a picture of, mainly because I set it aside to turn it into a Cobra-La something...Anyway here it is, and below is a picture of the playsets that I do not know from what collection they come from. If anyone has any idea which toyline they come from and if these are complete or came together, I'd appreciate it! I'll post a picture of the accessories and figures soon. Sorry If I'm slow.

2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

those sets look like they're from some Chinese-made cheapy toys we get over here in the UK under the name 'soldier force' or something similar.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »

Are these as-cheapy-cheesy-as-the-come toys by any chance made by Chap Mei? These playsets only have a marking saying "Made in China".
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »

I'm not sure of the manufacturer. i just know they are usually sold in stores for cheap prices - £5 or £10 or less kinda stuff - and that they often have great accessories, rubbish figures and some fairly decent vehicles and dio bits. The only reason I know they're Chinese made is because of the utterly dreadful Chingrish writing on the packaging.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

I believe those are all parts of the "modular" Eversparkle playset. Sadly it doesn't have all the modular floors and walls.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »

I believe those are all parts of the "modular" Eversparkle playset. Sadly it doesn't have all the modular floors and walls.

Jay: Any idea how much these retail new in the package?

Would you say asking 5-10$ for each of the 3 "modules" is reasonable? Do you know if each module came with a vehicle, or are the vehicles part of a separate assortment? Vehicles 3-5$? Let me know if you can help me price these for the general public as I am totally clueless with the playsets you are referring to.
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

They all came in one big set. Sadly, you're missing all the modular floor and wall pieces that make this playset as desirable as it gets.

All I know about it is when it has all the modular pieces it can get the big bucks because it's a dio-maker's dream piece. No idea what the larger segments alone can bring...
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »

Thanks Jay. I'm obviously missing a LOT of the pieces, even if I count the figures and accessories that I have (picture to come, sorry for the long waiting!).

I'll probably keep the dioramas since it probably isn't worth for me to sell them and I actually kind of like them on their own, without the rest of the other modules. I have a dozen of the figures in either green or black uniforms. I picture those selling for 2$ each at a local event, with at least a weapon and helmet for each, as many small accessories that can be snaped on them, and a weapon if possible (I don't think if I have enough for each figure). Is that fair, you think? I don't know what a playset went for originally, but given the fact that a figure must represent a small fraction of the pricetag in this large playset, my hunch is that a figure is probably worth peanuts...
2 + 2 = 22