JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Packaging,,Sealed,,Loose..mint loose complete ?  (Read 2968 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
Packaging,,Sealed,,Loose..mint loose complete ?
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »

I recently had a friend track down 3 g. i joe dvd battle packs for me, witch i beleived where 100% sealed.
However when i recived the package i was inspecting the packs and the tape is cut on one side. ( of all 3 )
Everything is there.
The figures have not been removed for display or anything, and then put back in the package to sell to me. The dvd's are not open, the file cards stands and mass device peaces are all in place and not displayed.

There 100% mint in box, except that again, the tape has been cut on one side.

Anybody know why the previous owner would have done such a thing ??? I mean there no point to it really except turning a sealed dvd box set into a mint loose complete box set...

??????????
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Packaging,,Sealed,,Loose..mint loose complete ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »

Did your friend find them on EBay? If so it happens sometimes, even with carded items i bought in the past that were not advertised as "opened".

As long as you didn't pay too much for them, you should be very happy to complete the Mass device, unless you had already and meant to have these sealed, then I feel for your misfortune.
2 + 2 = 22

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »

I've seen this with a few Masterpiece Transformers. People open the box, look at the figure without removing the twist ties, maybe display it like that, and close it up again. Of course those MP boxes are black and you can't see into them.

Maybe they were checking for some imperfection not visible without opening the box?

I HAVE ordered something sealed and the vendor opened it to stick something else in there for shipping. It was just tape and I wasn't bent out of shape about it but they didn't ask me if I minded.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »

Did your friend find them on EBay? If so it happens sometimes, even with carded items i bought in the past that were not advertised as "opened".

As long as you didn't pay too much for them, you should be very happy to complete the Mass device, unless you had already and meant to have these sealed, then I feel for your misfortune.

No, he didn't get them for me of ebay. He bought a lot of stuff for me and himself that day. And its so, so easy to overlook something like that ( one side tape cut ). Unfortunatly for me i collect as close to mint box as possible and of course i try not to get anything with the tape cut.

I calculated that they cost me 43$ each.

But on the bright side. If i had to order them from ebay, they would have cost me @ least 50$ or 60$ each plus those horrible 35$ worth of shipping. Plus on the even brighter side, Im only missing the incredible hard to find best of the 80's dvd box set with retails for around 180$-220$ MISB. Now that i have 3 out of 4 with the tape cut i should be able to track down a best of the 80's with the tape cut for 80$.
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""