JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: See my play!  (Read 9341 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
See my play!
« on: June 06, 2005, 01:01:20 PM »

This summer sees my theatrical debut as a playwrite. I wrote this play, In Jim's Image, as part of a class while I was still attending Concordia as a Creative Writing student (I've since graduated). It was mounted with the Concordia Art Matters festival last summer, and is being mounted this summer independently. I'm producing it, so a lot of my own money is on the line. I'm a little nervous that I won't fill the house for all fifteen shows, but I am very confident that whoever attends will be greatly entertained.

In Jim's Image is an office comedy about the cut-throat business of world production. God is an employee of Fleshed Out World Productions and enjoys designing optimistic planets with in-depth themes. His boss, Jim, wants God to focus on what sells: sex and violence. Frustrated, God designs a self-obsessed, profit-oriented race that destroys all of God's other creations. God thought he would get fired. He didn't think he'd ever see this race, the Humans, produced.

In Jim's Image is being mounted at the Geordie Space (4001 rue Berri) for three weekends: June 24th-26, July 1st-3rd and 8th-10th. Every Friday has an 8pm show, Saturdays and Sundays have shows at 3pm and 8pm. Admission is $8 general, $5 for students and groups of 5 or more.

I'd really appreciate it if the local JoeCanuck members drop by and check it out. Religion does feature heavily in the plot but it avoids making any anti- or pro-religion statements. And any out-of-province members who are making a trip to Montreal in late June or early July, look me up.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the original artwork by Jason Loo on the site's front page.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!