JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: POC at Walmart  (Read 15026 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: POC at Walmart
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

arg have to have the will power not to buy more on impulse, it makes it easy though since this wave is over saturated to absurdity...Even hardcore army builders can't make a dent anymore.

I'll make a dent if they go the way of Captain America figures at Walmart.  ;)
I know I made quite a few Cap figures disappear for $2.  I'm waiting for the Thor figures to hit $2 as well.

They hit $5 at my local Walmart, but they only seem to have a couple of different Thors and Loki.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »

My walmart brought in a case of Wave 5 PoC... yeah!  actually Nooooo.  After months of no Joes they put a case out that as been in abundance at Zellers and TRU.
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »

arg have to have the will power not to buy more on impulse, it makes it easy though since this wave is over saturated to absurdity...Even hardcore army builders can't make a dent anymore.

I'll make a dent if they go the way of Captain America figures at Walmart.  ;)
I know I made quite a few Cap figures disappear for $2.  I'm waiting for the Thor figures to hit $2 as well.

They hit $5 at my local Walmart, but they only seem to have a couple of different Thors and Loki.
Thor is $5 at my local Walmart too.  If they were $2 maybe they'd disappear as quick as Cap did.  I still need to get a Fandral to complete my Warriors 3.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

Found a single case of wave 8??? (Eglinton/Pharmacy Walmart)

The one on the new cards with Stalker, Hazard Viper, Viper, Cobra Trooper, IG and SB.  $10.77 each, and someone had already taken the Vipers and a Hazard Viper.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »

Forgot to add that the card was Multilingual with an English filecard like the US and a paper French/Spanish filecard inside.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »

Definitely good news. I managed to get the stalker figure i wanted from this wave in myrtle beach back in september. Man, 5 months behind! Hopefully folks will be able to get the ones they want now. :)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »

The price point increase is just to stretch us out for the licensing fees with the movie figures.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

garling23

• "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »

found the remains of the same case in north oshawa.  30th trooper, viper, steel B, stalker, all hanging on the pegs.
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »

I really want to support G.I. Joe at retail but I can't wait 4-6 months. Even if I did wait there's always the risk they'll never show up or barely show up. Arghhh. At least Retaliation stuff should be on time and easy to find.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 01:02:13 PM »

I really want to support G.I. Joe at retail but I can't wait 4-6 months. Even if I did wait there's always the risk they'll never show up or barely show up. Arghhh. At least Retaliation stuff should be on time and easy to find.

Understand that if the product doesn't show up in a brick & mortar retail store, then that retailer has already made the decision to NOT support the line, because they have not placed orders for the product.
Instead ordering from a smaller retailer ( such as a comic shop or collectible store) or an on-line retailer is probably the better (and more reliable) way to actually support the toy-lines you are interested in because they actually get supplied with the goods.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

My local Walmart had: Sgt. Stalker, Hazard Viper, Viper, Cobra Trooper, Iron Grenadier and Steel Brigade.

It is nice to see Stalker finally hit Canadian retail shelves.  My friend grabbed him when he saw them.  At $10.77 it was still a deal.

garling23

• "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »

found them at the south oshawa walmart aswell,  picked up the hazard viper for my son.  seemed to have the whole mix of figures and several of them there was 2 or more.
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN