JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: DVD Battle packs are amazing!  (Read 5980 times)

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
DVD Battle packs are amazing!
« on: December 19, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »

I just got in my first order of DVD battle packs from Goldenagetoys, Arise Serpentor and Pyramid of Darkness, and these are some of the coolest toys I have seen in years. From the second I got the box in hand I couldn't wait to rip it open (gently) and watch the DVD while playing with the figs.

Seriously good job hasbro!

I also got the arctic and desert assault squads and they look soooooo nice in the box that I've decided not to open them, If I could afford it i'd totally grab a couple more of these squads.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Battle packs are amazing!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »

I have to agree and now that I acquired the best of set.  My mass device will soon be complete.  But I still don't understand the Skeleton figure(can't do much with it), won't it have been better to have someone else--even another Bat or if they included some sort of DNA collector with it.  Oh well he'll find a home with my 3 3/4 Indy figures.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:55:20 AM »

How much do the arctic and desert assault squads or any of them other set like that cost? I have not seen them in my area yet, Are they tru exclusive?
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
How much do the arctic and desert assault squads or any of them other set like that cost? I have not seen them in my area yet, Are they tru exclusive?

They are on line orders but I have seen them at my local comic shop. They retail from around $32.00 - $45.00 depending where you get them.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »

The DVD sets are full of win.  Granted the M.A.S.S. device should have been bigger but oh well.  Most of the figures from these sets are my defaults for individual characters the 25th line. 

Quote from: "Realboss"
But I still don't understand the Skeleton figure(can't do much with it), won't it have been better to have someone else--even another Bat or if they included some sort of DNA collector with it.  Oh well he'll find a home with my 3 3/4 Indy figures.

I agree.  Montezuma's skeleton was lame the second I saw pictures of it online.  What is even more lame is that yojoe is considering the skeleton as part of the 3 3/4 figure line.  Considering it didn't come with a filecard, there is no way this a figure in my books.  It should be considered as an accessory piece like the vines in the second DVD set.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »

As someone who read the comics rather than watching the cartoon, I don't really care much for the packs as the DVDs and Mass Device are meaningless to me, and most of the figures look like crappy repaints...

That being said, I want a freakn' Dusty, I need a black-costumed Destro, and the Mass parts make good dio items which I can use in my comics.  Needless to say, I'm going to pick up one or two!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"

They are on line orders but I have seen them at my local comic shop. They retail from around $32.00 - $45.00 depending where you get them.

32$ is cheap! I think i paid 70$+tax for my set from goldenagetoys
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

Quote from: "custo"
Quote from: "morgardee"

32$ is cheap! I think i paid 70$+tax for my set from goldenagetoys

Sorry, that was $32.00 for one of the sets, not both.

BTW, I still have an extra winter set if anyone is looking for one.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:43:57 PM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »

So is Canada going to get the other DVD sets at retail? Or should we all be importing them? The first two are marked as Canadian product so I have my hopes up... I love the one I have but I've been reluctant to buy #2 just to get Lady Jaye whom I've never been fond of.

Also, I got the Desert set of Cobra figures for about 40 bucks, also in Canadian packaging. Will these ever be anywhere besides comic shops and online?

Hasbro is great and all but I think they are making Joe collecting more difficult than its ever been, and that's a shame. Part of it is that I grew up in USA, but that aside, we are really getting screwed over with the new Joes.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »

I've seen all the new ones at my local comic shop...  the later DVD sets are going for $30 and the Extreme Conditions sets are going for $50.  It'll be a while before I work up the money to buy them, but they will be mine...  oh yes, they will be mine.

And I love the DVD sets.  I read the comics more than I watched the cartoon, but they still make a nice addition to a collection.  I was just disappointed that the figures didn't come with their carded-version accessories.  No MARS weapons case for Destro, no Heavy machine gun for Roadblock...  what gives!? 

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »

bump to ask if anyone knows about Canada getting 3, 4 and 5?

It looks like the first two are terrible sellers for Zellers and TRU in my city (London) so I was wondering if that is going to keep the final three from even hitting retail in Canada? It's extremely annoying for me, in any case. I have the Rhino DVDs of the material reissued on the first two sets, so I haven't bought #2 yet, but mostly because the thought of buying another Destro makes me a little nauseous, though I love the guy, I don't need a repaint sans gear. Also Roadblock would be a dupe and a dupe without a heavy gun to boot. The three other sets that I have never seen around have similar dupe problems (CC, Bat, Serpentor etc) but at least they are nice(r) versions. But holding Dusty and Alpine hostage in the sets is what's really getting me frustrated.

So, if anyone can tell me the score, I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to know if I may find them at retail before importing them from SmallJoes or somewhere similar.

freakx2001

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »

yeah, i would love to see these come to Canada as well.. I don't have my hopes up though...