JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: DVD Battle packs are amazing!  (Read 5983 times)

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Re: DVD Battle packs are amazing!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »

Check small comic shops.  That's the only place in Canada that I've seen them, so far. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 07:44:17 AM »

I couldn't find 3,4 or 5 anywhere here in London, but I finally gave in and bought #2 yesterday. At first I was pretty underwhelmed at the idea of thirty bucks for two figures I have in other paint jobs, a dvd I already have from Rhino and one way-too-sexy Lady Jaye. After spending fifteen or twenty minutes extricating the toys from the packaging, I was pretty impressed actually. LJ is smoking hot for a female Joe, and I am happy to get this cleavage version rather than having held out for the Joe 5-pack version (which I probably won't buy now). The Destro is the best 25th version so far too, luckily I have his weapons from the carded version. Roadblock is useless with no gun, but I've put him to good use as a steroid-infused body for Stalker!

But also, the way the Weather Dominator attaches to the MASS device parts one and two is brilliant. It actually seems relatively complete with just the first two sets. I may get the other three if I can, but the only MASS part I really want is the treads. Actually for the final three sets I am more interested in the DVDs themselves, I haven't seen the Serpentor movie in well over 20 years and I absolutely loved it as a kid.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
LJ is smoking hot for a female Joe
You're kidding, right?  The single-carded version looks SO much better.  A better, prettier headsculpt.  The DVD pack figure's face is awful.  Looks pretty much masculine.  Honestly, I was considering using that head for my custom of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4...
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »

My opinion on the figures in these sets has changed - the more I have them on my desk, the more I am liking them better than the single pack figures.  The paint is better, and for the most part the sculpting is better.

I paid way to much for Pack #5 at a comic shop, but it was worth doing simply to complete the MASS device.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:37 AM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
You're kidding, right?  The single-carded version looks SO much better.  A better, prettier headsculpt.  The DVD pack figure's face is awful.  Looks pretty much masculine.  Honestly, I was considering using that head for my custom of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4...

Well, I said "for a female Joe". They have always been ugly to me. The head is gross, but the body sculpt is great. Actually, I put Scarlett's head on her for a test, and it was beautiful, unfortunately I am not imaginative enough to come up with a good reason Scarlett would be wearing LJ's clothes...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:30:02 AM by Kronz »

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »

Well, I said "for a female Joe". They have always been ugly to me. The head is gross, but the body sculpt is great. Actually, I put Scarlett's head on her for a test, and it was beautiful, unfortunately I am not imaginative enough to come up with a good reason Scarlett would be wearing LJ's clothes...
In the comics, Scarlett would sometimes have a green uniform like the rest of the guys. :wink:
Don't get me wrong, the body's great (though wrist articulation would have been nice), but I really don't like the unhatted DVD head.  If they kept the face similar to the single-carded one, I'd be all over it!

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »

I will still pick up a carded LJ if I ever ran into one, but it doesn't seem too likely until maybe they start digging in past waves after the movie line is done. Her face does seem much nicer on the carded version.

It's odd the new box set version appears to have her shirt buttoned up. Shame.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:04 PM »

I've heard a lot of complaints about the DVD pack Lady Jaye's face. I just don't know what the fuss is about. When I look at that figure, I see the best Lady Jaye we've ever had.
Updated!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
I've heard a lot of complaints about the DVD pack Lady Jaye's face. I just don't know what the fuss is about. When I look at that figure, I see the best Lady Jaye we've ever had.
I just don't think she looks feminine enough.  The blank expression doesn't help much, either... :-

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

I just don't think she looks feminine enough.  The blank expression doesn't help much, either... :-

She turns me on  :shifty:
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

Quote from: "custo"

She turns me on  :shifty:
Giggity.