JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Toysrus.ca ups prices  (Read 2899 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Toysrus.ca ups prices
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »

Figures are now $10.99 - I have bought a couple of figures in the past, but at $11 a pop plus shipping, I don't think I will again in the future - unless they have something I absolutely have to have!
The 3 packs are now $16.99.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Toysrus.ca ups prices
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:20:24 AM »

I noticed that in-person last night here at London's TRU. So yeah....they are gonna be able to move all those pegwarming Wild Bill, Bazooka and Major Bludd at 10.99....right. Sad.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:29:54 AM »

Wow.. looks like Hasbro is really trying to kill this line... bad enough we don't get the artwork, now to raise the price... oh snap!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »

What can you expect, though.  I mean, look at what prices have done:  The American Dollar hist par with the Canadian and everybody shouts for equal prices...  now, the dollar is back down and we're surprised when prices go back up?  It's not their fault for wanting to make a profit... 

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"
What can you expect, though.  I mean, look at what prices have done:  The American Dollar hist par with the Canadian and everybody shouts for equal prices...  now, the dollar is back down and we're surprised when prices go back up?  It's not their fault for wanting to make a profit... 

Yes except it took about 2 years for the prices to come down, and what 6 months for them to go back up?
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »

Quote from: "custo"

Yes except it took about 2 years for the prices to come down, and what 6 months for them to go back up?

Well, I never said it was fair  :wink:

That's just the way businesses work.  And, when the dollar hits parity again, it'll take another year of consumer outrage to get prices to drop.  But, that's when we take our money State-side for the better deals.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »

Quote from: "custo"

Well, I never said it was fair  :wink:

That's just the way businesses work.  And, when the dollar hits parity again, it'll take another year of consumer outrage to get prices to drop.  But, that's when we take our money State-side for the better deals.

Better yet...we organize an angry mob and storm Toys R Us, I have the torches! Who will bring the pitchforks?
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers