JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Con Sets On E-Bay  (Read 54828 times)

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Con Sets On E-Bay
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
We're already planning for next years items. How would you guys feel about a two-figure set, with a run of 500 sets?

It would be cheaper (Around $40-$50.00), but would solve these pricks from hoarding con sets as we would still enforce a "one per person" rule. Even if they did get 10, that's a very small percentage overall.

Mike -- This sounds like a good plan, but lots more work for you guys. You all did a great job and it's too bad someone else's actions have cast a shadow over part of the con. This was my first con and I'm glad I waited in line to get the set. I made some great new friends and some memories that will last a lifetime.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

But you're missing the point of the SNAKE being an Early Attendee Exclusive then. It's for the first 50 (43) people in the door. NOT in the line. As it was, if you were there for a con set, and you got the wristband, then you could leave - if you didn't want a SNAKE. If you wanted the SNAKE, then you had to stick around.

It was something new we tried this year, and while it was well received by most, it's something that we may not do again.

That was the only complaint I had with the whole con experience.  Getting an extra couple of hours nap between 7 and 9 would have helped a ton to keep a lot of us up and going the whole day.  But at the same time, nobody forced us to wake up that early, so it's our own dang faults :D

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »

No matter what Mike or the rest of the crew does to make things fair there will always be people that are not happy.  I just missed out on the SNAKE but I did not know about it until an hour before I went to the CON on Friday to preregister.  So it is not the end of the world from me. All I wanted was the CON set which I got (YEAH!)  ;D  So not matter what happens small set or big set, The Core fans will buy it.  
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:20 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
No matter what Mike or the rest of the crew does to make things fair there will always be people that are not happy.  I just missed out on the SNAKE but I did not know about it until an hour before I went to the CON on Friday to preregister.  So it is not the end of the world from me. All I wanted was the CON set which I got (YEAH!)  ;D  So not matter what happens small set or big set, The Core fans will buy it.  
I did BBM you.  I should have warned you about the regret.........
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »

Nothing can be gained by revealing who the dealer in question is.
It happened, it sucks, but it's done.

We're already planning for next years items. How would you guys feel about a two-figure set, with a run of 500 sets?

It would be cheaper (Around $40-$50.00), but would solve these pricks from hoarding con sets as we would still enforce a "one per person" rule. Even if they did get 10, that's a very small percentage overall.

Kudos to this.

I like the idea of having an accessible set that everyone who attends the event can have a chance of getting. Plus if there are leftovers you can sell them online at regular price and kill the aftermarket. (or at least the immediate aftermarket) Make the speculators "speculate."

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I did BBM you.  I should have warned you about the regret.........

I would have been there in time but my ride slept-in... :(  but I got the RoC SNAKE for $10 so I will make my own.  It will not be the same but is fine with me!
Lurking

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »

Quote from: "Joeczar"
Wow, what kind of a guy would drag his grandma out of bed in the middle of the night and make her stand in line?  Takes all kinds, I guess.  :-  That's too bad more collectors didn't have a chance to get one of those SNAKES, I would have hated to have been #51.
I was Number 53 because of this guy... the 2 guys from Montreal that were in front of me were not that happy either...  >:(

That is a very sad story.. you deserve a SNAKE man, you're one of the pillar of this community!  >:(

Metro

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:44 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"

For me personally, a nice 2 pack set at $45-50 is exactly what I personally would like.  But if one of the figs was an army builder.........
well, you know.  It would help make the sets more wanted.

The Snake Byte figure, as said before, made the set after reading the comic.

I thought I'd quote pdaat here since he really hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel about it.  For me, I'd love a smaller set thats more accessible to everyone that would like one.  Again tho, thats what I'd like to see; I'm far more into figures than I am vehicles.  Like was mentioned above the leftovers could always be sold off, auctioned, etc.  giving those who couldn't make it up the chance to get one.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

The only way to solve the problem of scalpers and exclusives is to make more. Period. I get why these are made in such small quantities, but the mere fact that they exist in such small quantities is counter to the whole anti-scalper sentiment. I personally think you should make enough for everyone to have a reasonable shot at getting them, or don't make them at all. I realize i'm in the minority, but I'm pretty hard core anti-exlcusive. And I don't mean any disrespect to Mike or any of the others that put so much work into these things. It's gotta be tough to balance everything. But bottom line for me is I'd go with a smaller set if it means a higher production run. It would be great to have something available in numbers that kids could even get some sets.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this year due to work and family obligations. I'm gonna try and make more of an effort next year, though. Hopefully if there's an exclusive, I'll have a shot at it.

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 12:24:03 AM »

I think Mike's suggestion is right: fewer items in the con set with a larger run.  It's simple, stress-free and even if there are leftovers (which I doubt will happen), the organizers of the con themselves can sell them here (as an online exclusive).
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 01:14:04 AM »

Quote from: "darth cujo"
The only way to solve the problem of scalpers and exclusives is to make more. Period. I get why these are made in such small quantities, but the mere fact that they exist in such small quantities is counter to the whole anti-scalper sentiment.

The way the line is run though is pretty anti scalper as it is.  One guy figured out a loophole this year.  But at the same time I saw at least two people who brought their significant others with who were trying to get a set without an ID and were stammering about trying to act like they had no ID. 

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2010, 01:31:12 AM »

Nothing can be gained by revealing who the dealer in question is.
It happened, it sucks, but it's done.

this^^^^ could work or make the box set to 150 or 200 that could work to. you guys do a bang up job it sucks a few have to mess it up for the rest.  you guys are "young" at this and i know you will get it down pat. like i know it will grow to be a 2 day thing soon as so many ppl like how you guys run it and love to chill wit the staff for a longer time .

i love it that i saw kids who enjoyed being there unlike at the us con! as some of the kids there where like can we go yet look. with ebay i have done and its your set once you buy it. i know some ppl do sell it to pay to go. but what i can stand is the scalpers who go just to buy as many as they can to sell it.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!