JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: A new Cobra Commander has been chosen **May contain Spoilers**  (Read 4888 times)

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
A new Cobra Commander has been chosen **May contain Spoilers**
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:14:07 AM »

I don't know how many of you have been following IDW's Cobra Civil War, but this week issue #8 was released and the contest to see who will be Cobra Commander is done.

We now have a new Cobra Commander and it is.... Spoiler Ahead... Krake (Alrighty then...)

I am kind of luke warm with this announcement.  Who is this guy?  What makes him leadership material? Other than killing a bunch of Joes and stabbing other members of Cobra Command in the back.

I hope IDW is going to be able to develop more about the character.  It is odd that he's taken the top spot in Cobra with no back story to him.

What is everybody's thought about the new Commander?

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: A new Cobra Commander has been chosen **May contain Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:20:03 PM »

Who is Krake?  I had to say this too...

I hear they are making a book with his Back Story...
Lurking

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »

Stopped reading any of the comics after the "Dawn of the Red Shadows" storyline ended.
I tried 155 1/2 when it was free, but just can't get into it.
And I LOVED the comic. Fondest Joe memory is reading them Christmas morning before my parents got up. I have the whole Marvel run, but have given up every title now...
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »

there's a piece talking to the writers on comicbookresources.com the annual this year is Cobra Commander's origin.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »

I wish I was more excited but I went from a huge fan of IDW's GI Joe secondary lines to completely apathetic in one shot: when they killed off the original Cobra Commander without developing his character or completing his storylines, followed by killing Xamot and Chuckles, the two most interesting characters IDW had, all for another Cobra Civil War, this time without the investment of the original run, it all fell apart. I read a lot of IDW comics and I have no idea who Krake is. His promotion to Commander does not win me back, sadly.
Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »

Krake might even turn out to be the original Commander in disguise.
Who knows with comics these days.

I saw the whole Satori is actually Zartan thing from a mile away.
Say no to AFA.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

Stopped reading any of the comics after the "Dawn of the Red Shadows" storyline ended.
And I LOVED the comic. Fondest Joe memory is reading them Christmas morning before my parents got up. I have the whole Marvel run, but have given up every title now...
The Hama RAH book has really turned around.  Feels like reading the title in its heyday.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 12:09:36 AM »

The Hama RAH book has really turned around.  Feels like reading the title in its heyday.

Really? That's good to hear. I loved everything Hama did back in the day (Young master, NAM, etc.).
What turned it around...?
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »

Really? That's good to hear. I loved everything Hama did back in the day (Young master, NAM, etc.).
What turned it around...?
The stories just seemed to start to hit their stride - basically with the end of the Brainwave Scanner arc.  He did a great job in fixing a continuity gaffe too!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »

The stories just seemed to start to hit their stride - basically with the end of the Brainwave Scanner arc.  He did a great job in fixing a continuity gaffe too!

Yes I loved how Hama made that he was deep undercover so pretending he was dead made it easier for him to be way for such a long time.
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »

Yes I loved how Hama made that he was deep undercover so pretending he was dead made it easier for him to be way for such a long time.

I was stoked when Larry told me that on Facebook.  I messaged him about it for the column I write for.  When he told me that SP's back story was going to be revealed, I was excited.  He did an amazing job with creating the perfect back story.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »

Sneak Peek's sudden resurrection was actually what made me drop the title. I've heard often since then that he's become one of the best parts about the series, and I really feel I need to give it another go.
Updated!