JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Montreal Toy Con May 16th 2010  (Read 6531 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Montreal Toy Con May 16th 2010
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Are you there as a seller? There's some items I'm looking for so if I can send you a list or something, hehe  :wink:

I'll be bringing lots of Joes (way more than you saw at Comic Con), but the LJ will take his time to go through it with you if he can help so bring your list.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »

My friend Daniel keeps discouraging me from going to those. Says it's a waste of admission money.

Considering my few wants presently are old ToyBiz DC figures and the really-rare-in-Canada Marvel Universe Warpath and the second version of Iron Fist, well... I'd be inclined to agree.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
My friend Daniel keeps discouraging me from going to those. Says it's a waste of admission money.

Considering my few wants presently are old ToyBiz DC figures and the really-rare-in-Canada Marvel Universe Warpath and the second version of Iron Fist, well... I'd be inclined to agree.

Lame. Never judge a toy show/con by another persons opinion.
You should of went. You might of found a bin of customizing fodder for $2.00 or a bag of weapons for $1.00.
Heck, I picked up about 80 weapons last month at a toy show I didn't think would be any good.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
Quote from: "Jay"

Lame. Never judge a toy show/con by another persons opinion.
You should of went. You might of found a bin of customizing fodder for $2.00 or a bag of weapons for $1.00.
Heck, I picked up about 80 weapons last month at a toy show I didn't think would be any good.

I 300% agree with The Mike because he probably is the one who knows best about shows.

Jay I won't even tell you how good of a show it was. My friend (and plenty of others) carried TONS of 90's figures which can only mean one thing : a lot of _____ ( and I'll let you fill in the name of your wants )

Waste of money?????!!!!  :o  It's only 4 bucks to get in and kids could get in for free, accessible by public transportation and free parking on top of that, C'mon! I'm Sorry, but I've done this show for the past three years now and I think it's the BEST for action figures and toy related items, in Montreal. I even met a great guy from Ontario, I had a nice time with the guy talking about Star Wars, certainly my greatest highlight of the day. I won't waste time energy trying to convince you or change your friend's opinion. In a way it's good, it can only mean more for everyone else. 'Nuf said.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

One thing I find interesting is the still high demand for Star Wars collectibles this year. I usually find Montreal to have a bigger fan base/following for Star Wars than GI Joe or even TF. I was able to part at the show with several SW items such as:

Vintage loose Tautaun
Vintage loose Slave 1 (Boba Fett's ship)
Vintage loose Tie Fighter Pilot figure
VOTC carded wave 1 (full run of twelve figures with Boba Fett figure signed by Jeremy Bullock) + VOTC Wave 2 Han Solo (trench coat), Sand People & Luke Pilot.
ROTS loose Republic V-Wing Fighter w/ Clone Pilot
Episode 1 loose Faamba (finally!) and Gungan catapult
Episode 1 loose Federation Gunner (yay, bye-bye)
POTF2 loose Speeder Bike
Saga loose Snowtrooper W/ laser canon

Since I parted with most of the pieces I wanted to part with for a long time (except for my vintage HOTH playset, Cloud car and Dewback that still didn't move oh well), I will be bringing the following at the next one:

Episode 1 loose Naboo Royal Starship w/box
OTC loose Sandcrawler
POTF2 loose Bantha
ROTS loose Republic Gunship

The biggest surprise has to be that a lot more kids have been introduced to GI JOE because of the movie and new toys, and this year's edition of the Montreal Toy Con proved it. One even knew his vehicles' names! So Yo-Joe!

I've been downsizing my collection slowly lately as it takes so much room for nothing. If one day, I buy a house and it has a big enough room or basement, then I will have the pleasure of collecting how I used to when the time is right. Star Wars is taking a direct hit since I don't collect it anymore. Joe-wise I still have doubles, and vehicles I don't mind parting with (left overs from my old army building days, mainly ARAH Hiss tanks, Mobats, still very popular - go figure).

I'm looking forward to the next show, sometime in October.
2 + 2 = 22