JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My customs  (Read 21255 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Nighthawk Customs
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

Thanks for the comment.  I don't know what you mean by if I tried the Viper arms yet.  Are you talking about fixing them so the wrist isn't slanted downward?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
Re: My customs
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »

Wow, you are an artist when it comes to these customs, outstanding work!
Silent Dusty

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: My customs
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »

Thanks!  My latest one is here:

Very simple mods to Short Fuze to make him look more like the original.

Head: Short Fuze modified to sit lower on the neck post.
Lower legs: Clutch
Body, upper legs and arms: Duke
Hands, web gear, belt, and backpack: Zap

Hope you like it.  I also drilled out the barrel of the mortar too.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »

Up here in Canada, I never saw the fixed wrist Clutch and Breaker up here.  I've fixed up my Clutch in the past but I've given up on getting a fixed wrist Breaker and fixed one up but because it was Duke arms, it had limited range of motion.  I wasn't too happy with it and now I finally put one together that I like.  When I saw Benchpress' head, I decided that's the head I wanted since the original Breaker had same head as Clutch and had brown hair.  I really didn't like the oversized head of the 25th Breaker.  So here's my Breaker with short sleeves:

Backpack is the vintage one with peg removed and a hole drilled into the backpack with a pen ink refill piece glued into place.

And for a tutorial on how to do the arms, see this link:
http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=3864.0

To make the huge helmet fit, I just cut a piece of twist tie and put it on the front of the helmet so the front of his hair has something to catch onto.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:27:33 PM by nighthawk »

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »

Couldn't decide what color beard for Frostbite by decided to just go with this look in the end.  Since his V3 Hasbro figure had brown hair and this type of a hat, I decided to mix the two looks together.  I think this head fits on the body better than the original one I did above.

Parts:
head: POC Shipwreck
legs: Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow
rest: ROC Frostbite
holster: Chuckles

I'm just waiting to get a Wolfhound.  His skirt is soft and flexible so I'm hoping he'll fit perfectly in the Wolf Hound.

The remaining POC Shipwreck parts, I just gave him Tunnel Rat's gun and put on the desert Zartan alternate head on him and just called him Sub Zero.  The vintage one never revealed his hair color so this is nice cheap update for me.

Frostbite:

Sub Zero:

In 2000, Whiteout was released and to me it just looks like Snow Job with black goggles and boots.  Since the 25th Snow Job's hair is not as red as the ROC one, I put the ROC Snow Job's feet and goggles on the 25th Snow Job and he's Whiteout and the ROC Snow Job is my default Snow Job.

Blizzard:
This one is still a WIP.  Still need to mod some handlebars on the backpack.  The head is just the Sky Sweeper pilot's head.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

Since I couldn't get an SDCC Slaughter, I just took Benchpress body and used a BnB Slaughter head.  Drilled the socket a bit deeper and swapped the right knee with another Benchpress so he'd have two kneepads.  I wish the Hasbro Slaughter isn't an SDCC exclusive cause I really want the whistle and baton. :(  You can see what I did with Benchpress' head in the photo (ie. Breaker)

[img]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wing_woo/Joe%20Collection/013.jpg[/img

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 05:24:26 PM »

Here are my different iterations of Wild Bill and Ace over the years:

When I got the SRO Wild Bill, I loved how he looked and the darker colors.  The only things I didn't like were his mangled hands (due to the elastic in the packaging), his oversized holsters and his pin sized head.  After finally getting the new Wild Bill, I have a Wild Bill I can be proud of. 

Wild Bill:
Helmet: 21st Century Huey pilot
Hands and head: ROC Wild Bill
Holsters: Removed the holsters and trimmed them down and then reglued them back on
rest of figure: SROII Wild Bill

The left over ROC Wild Bill parts and his vest screamed aviator to me and I was never happy with any of the Ace's released.  (the white comic pack one didn't have any flight gear cause of his space helmet and the SROII one didn't really do it for me as his upper half was just Wild Weasel).  Well, I finally have a nice pilot Ace that I'm happy with.

Parts:
head: SROII Ace
hands: 25th Wild Bill (single pack)
leg harness: Pilot Destro
helmet and mask: BBI F-18 pilot
rest of figure: ROC Wild Bill

Later, I managed to get a 25th Wild Bill for $4 so I jumped on it.  I hated how his head was so small and I hate how his holsters stick out too far and the gun doesn't go in far enough.  I had an extra Dragonhawk Wild Bill head so it solved the small head problem.  For the holsters, the one on other Wild Bill in this thread was what I wanted to do, but it took me 3 tries to get it and still it's not perfect.  This time I went the lazy route and just drilled holes in the bottom (from the inside) of his holsters so the guns go in deeper and also fit tighter so they don't fall out.  Very lazy tweak but I think it makes a world of a difference.  Let me know what you think.

Just so I had an Ace in his white uniform, I cut around the collar of his vest, his helmet and mask will fit much better with the realistic BBI helmet/mask combos.

I also repainted his eyes too.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »

My latest arm mod, Recondo:

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

the 5 pack Hawk's head screamed Mercer to me, so here's my Mercer:

I never liked the fact that Grand Slam was a clone of Flash.  Since Hasbro had a head sculpt from DTC for Grand Slam, I modded that head and used it for Grand Slam.  What do you think?

The crappy thing about the 25th Serpentor was his bald head and worried look.  It was disappointing that Hasbro didn't retool the head they had for him before in the Real American Hero line so I took it upon myself to do it for Hasbro.  The biggest surprise for me was that the DVD pack helmet fits this head so it worked out perfect for me.

I managed to get a VvV Barrel Roll cheap so here he is in 25th glory.

head: VvV Barrel Roll modded
parachute pack and jetpack: Resolute 5pack Duke
rest: Air Raid

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »

Here's my Wetsuits:

Recipe:
head - Chuckles
arms - 7 pack Outback
lower legs - Viper
hands feet and rest of body - 7 pack Wetsuit
Also has the vintage flashlight as well

Recipe:
Target Wetsuit with modded Flash helmet

Both:

and a more recent update to Wetsuit:
I used Tomax's wrist communicator.  I also switched the hands to the single pack Hawk's.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »

I didn't like how Steeler had the slit wrists, but in his vintage version, he had long sleeves and gloves.  I finally fixed that by getting an extra Duke/Red Star pack and used Duke's lower arms and Wetsuits hands. The helmet is a custom cast comic pack Steeler's helmet that Alyosha did for me a while back.  In the picture, you see speckles on it, you don't see it in real life.  The flash brings it out in the photo...haha.

His modded Mobat.  See if you can spot the differences.  This is an UBP Mobat:

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »

Didn't need another Scrap Iron, so I made him into a generic trooper: