JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: beaver  (Read 2035 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
beaver
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »

Hey guys, got a question for ya'll.  I'm working on a few projects and I was wondering where that beaver came from for the Timbit exclusive.  Anybody got any ideas where I could find something similar for my in-progress Timbit custom?  I've looked at the animal sections in Target and Toys r Us, and the little animal packs at Wal-Mart...  Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: beaver
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »

Quote from: "turner"
Hey guys, got a question for ya'll.  I'm working on a few projects and I was wondering where that beaver came from for the Timbit exclusive.  Anybody got any ideas where I could find something similar for my in-progress Timbit custom?  I've looked at the animal sections in Target and Toys r Us, and the little animal packs at Wal-Mart...  Thanks guys.

The beaver was a part of a porcelain set of 3 beavers released in the 80's. I had one of those 3 beavers sent to the U.S. to be casted, and then "shrunk" the mold and had another casting made.

The Beaver's name was "Snack Pack", and like the JoeCanuck head - can't be re-done without the original and is one of the few items from the Canuck-verse of figures that can't be faked accurately.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: beaver
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »

Thanks for the info!  I'm not looking to make an exact copy, I'm working on a 25th style custom for myself.  As for being difficult to do in 25th all these guys are proving a challenge.  We have the lamprey helmet now, but 25th style mirage parts?  That's tough.