JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Steam punk/Post appocalyptic Baroness and Tesla Tank  (Read 2013 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Steam punk/Post appocalyptic Baroness and Tesla Tank
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »

Here is an entry I had to a contest a few weeks ago, enjoy!

The world has suffered a catastrophe when Robots have taken over the world, the world is now a baron place and the new technology that reigns are steam power and crude electricity.  GI Joe has been destroyed and now Cobra is the only force able to battle the robots!

First we have Steam Punk/Post apocalyptic Baroness with a steam powered portable tesla coil weapon.
Parts:  Head is modified ROC Baroness with modified goggles of snowjob. The body and limbs are ROC PP Baroness.  The Tesla pack is a jetpack with a modified mine detector from tripwire.  The coil was made of a stripped piece of twisty tie.  Her coat was painted brown and then covered in a black wash to bring out the folds.  The Tesla coil pack had 3 layers, the base coat was a brownish red mix to look like rust, then dry brushed with silver which gave it a sort of scratchy look to it which I really liked as it made it look old and used in a rough environment, and then last coat is a black wash to bring out that scratchy look.  Her rifle is painted brown on some parts to simulate wood, and then silver and that rust color on various parts as metal highlights. 

Second we have a Tesla Tank, which is steampowered as well.  The wheels are from a POC HISS and the cannon is from a POC mech arm.  The controls are from Scrap Irons missile launchers and true to GI Joe doctrine in cockpits, the cockpit is elevated and the driver totally exposed to enemy fire.  The driver is a HISS driver head on a Armored CC body.  I used copper and black paint mainly on these, and put a black wash on top to highlight the nice sculpting.  The cannon was attached using epoxy putty. And the piping are straws attached with putty and glue.  I dry brushed black onto the tip of the cannon to simulate burning from firing the Tesla Cannon.

Overall the Baroness took 2 nights, and the HISS tank took about a week, painting the tank was surprisingly difficult by hand.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Steam punk/Post appocalyptic Baroness and Tesla Tank
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »

Really really nice! That HISS is a piece of art on it's own! Bravo!!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Steam punk/Post appocalyptic Baroness and Tesla Tank
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »

Wow, was the reason you were looking for PoC Mech's awhile back!  Damn that was great!  I love your paint app with the Baroness!
Lurking