JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Nighthawks Newest Customs  (Read 13020 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Nighthawks Newest Customs
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »

I love your customs. Esp. the first few you showed.  Sneak Peek is more relevant than ever with his new prominence in the Hama Joe series running now.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »

I love your customs. Esp. the first few you showed.  Sneak Peek is more relevant than ever with his new prominence in the Hama Joe series running now.

Wait...Sneek Peek? Wasn't he KIA?
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

Wait...Sneek Peek? Wasn't he KIA?
Aren't you reading Hama's continuation in IDW?  For shame!  Talk about writing yourself out of a hole!!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 07:59:59 PM »

Haha...well, I made Sneak Peek just cause I had the parts.  I'll be posting an update soon when I get the last part to finish him off.  I've made some changes to add some green to him so he matches his tower thing that I just aquired. :)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »

So, I think the cloth cape idea that Hasbro tried on CC was quite neat.  Too bad it just looked like crap on him cause the buckle part keeps sticking up.

I just got the figure in a trade and I was gonna make a generic Cobra Officer type figure like this one that I made before:

However, I kinda liked how CC looked and I just had to figure out how to make the cape look good.

Turns out that with some creative re-routing of all the belts and stuff on him, you can get a look similar to the comic cover too. 

I like the battle helmet better too...plus, with the headswap, i can call this a custom now...haha.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 05:13:05 PM »

Red Spot:
For those who don't know who he is, here's a link to the original Red Spot.  http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/redspot.shtml

So, here's my next Spy Troops figure update.  We have Red Spot.

Here's an update to my original Sneak Peek.  I have added some green to him and also added his tower and communications box.

His tower can connect to his backpack

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
TNT
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »

Before the club announced the TNT, I was already thinking of making one. 

I wanted one but didn't want to deal with paint rub so I took some creative liberties on mine.  I didn't like Blowtorch's wrist angle and the fact that his lower legs were not the same length which is why those were the parts I switched out.  The vest and belt piece were from ROC Charbroil.

I've always loved the vintage Blowtorch, so when I had the vintage TNT, I always had him decked out in Blowtorch gear so this is him representing my vintage one.

Then I saw the club subscription one and I think that Doc backpack is a great idea so here he is representing my version of the club subscription figure.

As a kid, I liked Skystriker (the pilot) but I wish he was also released as a non-TF figure. 

Well, I saw the TF Wild Bill and with the Green Lantern pilot figure, I thought I might as well cobble together a modern version of him in non-TF colors.

Head and gear: Hal Jordan
Feet - 25th grey Snake Eyes

I may change my mind and use the 30th Ace helmet with the 25th SRO Deep Six harness, but I haven't decided yet.  He does look kinda bland right now.  For now, I'll leave him as is.  Just a simple test pilot.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »

awesome color scheme on TNT dude! Love it! :) Two thumbs up!
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 06:45:29 PM »

Man, I love your TNT custom and I think it looks better than the Club's official version. Well met Nighthawk.
2 + 2 = 22

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Overkill
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »

This custom is based on this version of Overkill: YOJOE.COM | Over Kill

The right hand in the backpack is just for show and it doesn't actually fit back onto the figure anymore.  I screwed up when doing it so that's why it doesn't fit. If anyone has an extra Spy Troops Overkill right arm, please let me know as I need another plug to fix the mistake, and then the hand would be able to fit on his arm again so he can be like a BAT and have two hands.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »

Here's Cobra Commander's Elite Guards.

Just had some extra CC's so I converted them to other guys.

This was my first version using the comic pack CC.

Then I had this other CC who's colors were a perfect match for the Python CG head:

And here he is backing up Destro and CC:

I am looking for another CG belt, comic pack CC legs and the Python CG black backpack if anyone can help me out.  Thanks!

Also, Dart and Spirit:
Here's my modern take on Dart.  For those who don't remember, here's the original Dart: YOJOE.COM | Dart

The skin tone mismatch is not that bad in person, but the camera flash really makes it look a lot worse than it actually is.  I just put Spirit in the pictures just for fun.

Spirit:

Group:

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:43 AM »

nice, I really like all of it.