JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wave 4 and 5  (Read 13583 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 04:16:12 PM »

dang! You beat me to it, Custo. THey received them monday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Say no to AFA.

starviper

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://starviper.ca
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 05:25:57 PM »

Quebec gets stuff before Ontario! This is a first! Keep us posted guys! Thanks!
--==SV==--

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 06:29:29 PM »

I just came back from the Legends. Got my whole wave, except for the Scorpion guy and Razor Bob, who needs more of those...

The set is great. I already had a Snake Eyes with cycle and a SS vs Kamakura pack from smalljoes.com two weeks ago (yeah I couldnt wait) and these figures are so cool I bought them again today. With SS vs Kamakura being packed one per case I might as well keep one carded :)

This new Storm shadow is a must. He's the best new sculpt Storm shadow IMO. Cool posing possibilities and his gear is sweet. Do I have to mention that he has new weapons (at least!!) Get your hands on one  as soon as you see the pack! Kamakura is ok. i dont like his sculpt that much and his "skirt" is in the way of leg posing. What's cool is that his special ninja sword comes with a neat scabbard with a dragon on it.

Each pack is $12.99(can)

this post is getting long, so I'll post more review later (as I open them probably)
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 06:51:58 PM »

I went to Walmart LaSalle today, and they restocked wave 3!!!!!!!! (had 1 snow wolf/bat pack) which really sucks because now the pegs are full adn if they don't empty we won't see wave 5
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 08:55:19 PM »

guys, don't worry. I'm sure wave 4 is coming to canadian stores very soon. After all, the bunch of joes I got yesterday did have a canadian packaging.
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 09:44:23 PM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
guys, don't worry. I'm sure wave 4 is coming to canadian stores very soon. After all, the bunch of joes I got yesterday did have a canadian packaging.

I'm gonna pick up the SS/Kama pack at legends this week just to be safe.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 07:57:11 AM »

a wise choise :thumbsup:  I think the sooner you go the better the selection will be (ok that was an obvious one) I also suggest Snake Eyes and his "moto du tonnerre".  Hawk is cool too.
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 06:38:48 PM »

a wise choise :thumbsup:  I think the sooner you go the better the selection will be (ok that was an obvious one) I also suggest Snake Eyes and his "moto du tonnerre".  Hawk is cool too.

Those are the 3 packs i'm planning on buying, but i'm gonan wait for the other two to see if they come out at walmart, cause its liek 4$ cheaper

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 11:57:47 AM »

What's in wave 4 again?

Is mindbender in this wave?
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 01:10:37 PM »

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 08:49:12 AM »

Thanks
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

night force cynic

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 12:49:43 PM »

This new Storm shadow is a must. He's the best new sculpt Storm shadow IMO. Cool posing possibilities and his gear is sweet. Do I have to mention that he has new weapons (at least!!) Get your hands on one  as soon as you see the pack! Kamakura is ok. i dont like his sculpt that much and his "skirt" is in the way of leg posing. What's cool is that his special ninja sword comes with a neat scabbard with a dragon on it.

IMO, the new SS is the best version of Tommy EVER.  He's never looked coolor or more deadly than he does there.  I have the bike version too, but the red dragons of the wave 4 one are just so much more wicked looking.  

As a matter of fact, I think I can safely say that the red dragon Stormy might be one of my favorite Joe figures ever in the history of the line.  

Kamakura is OK, I agree, but he's not good for much (he's better than overly bulky first sculpt though... that costume was true to the comic, but the figure sucked).  This Kamakura's mold looks to be repainted in dark reddish colors for the upcoming Arashikage 5-pack and renamed something else, and that's fine with me.  Should work well as a different character too.

As for the rest of wave 4?  

Hawk is a great figure that was totally worth the 2 years we had to wait to get him.  He looks like he's ready to kick some ass and maybe take a name or two if he has time.  Sweet rendition of GIJoe's only true leader.

Link is cool, I'm all for a couple of the Joes looking a bit odd.  The red pants don't bug me, because they're much more subdued than I thought they'd be.  The combat animal doctor is crap though.  He's got PhD, yeah, but it's in psychology in my world, his rank is lieutenant.

Not much to Snake Eyes, but I love the Arashikage symbol on his shoulder.  Gung-Ho will be PERFECT when they give that figure an o-ring.  The last good version of GH was put out in 1983... it's about time they made a worthy follow-up.

Duke's a piece of crap.  Losing the butt plug didn't improve this take on the character one iota IMO.  Terrible figure for a character that I'm sick to death of.

The Night Creeper is one of my favorite figures of this year, waaaay cooler than the blue one from last year.  The glowing green eyes effect gives the "tech ninjas" an otherworldly look to them that adds a ton of depth to them.  Awesome figure.

Wild Weasel looked kinda cool in black, but I gotta say I love the red one better.  They were true to the original version of him, and I think it's a great nod to the old school Joe fans.  He'll be happily flying the blude Night Adder when it comes out in a couple months!

Finally Overkill has a color scheme that works for me, and it's metallicy to boot!  The SpyTroops wv5 version was OK, but kinda weird.  The purple and cream one was just retarded.

And Venomous Maximus is fantastic IMO.  He's a MAJOR new character in my Joe world, and the figure is worthy of the wait for him IMO.  (No, I do NOT use VM as a venomized Hawk... VM is a whole other entity to me, long story.  Anyone want to read it!?)  The 4" VM figure makes me wish so badly that they hadn't cancelled the real FX 12" version.   :x